GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last chance to Win Any Game - competition ending September 2017"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/08/17 at 18:36
Staff Moderator
After 17 memorable years of giveaways, Freeola's Win Any Game competition is coming to an end. With over £225,000 worth of prizes awarded, I think we can all agree that it's had a pretty incredible run and we hope you've all enjoyed it.

For more on the history of the competition, some light reminiscences and the full announcement of the change, please see our post on the Freeola Blog:

http://freeola.com/blog/post/last-chance-to-win-any-game.html

As explained in that post, there will be another four chances to win in September, so get writing and hopefully you can win one of the last sets of prizes. Who will cement their place in history by becoming the last name on the Winners List? Over to you all...

Thanks again to everyone who took part. And we'll let you know on here when any new competitions come up that might be of interest.

Finally, if any of you regulars have any particular memories of the competition, its controversies or notable winning-entries since the year 2000, feel free to share them on this thread, as we pour out a metaphorical 40oz to the memory of a beloved competition.

Post edited by booom on 30/08/2017 at 18:58.
Thu 31/08/17 at 00:24
"possibly impossible"
Those early years of Special Reserve giving out Prizes along with one of their 'reddies' sounded like it was gone for good until Freeola decided that it was too good a deal to ignore and continued the trend. The GAD name came from those early days and stuck, even though the new competition wasn't daily or, later, even a game.

The competition has been fierce at times, too, and always enjoyable reading others reviews and chatting with like-minded people.

The wins for the short story competitions were the best, though. Fondly remembered times writing and reading some great stories.
Wed 30/08/17 at 19:29
"possibly impossible"
I'm getting all nostalgic now I've read that blog post!

Will any more game review prizes be awarded for the current missing dates in August before the September blog prizes? I'm assuming the 4 chances in September will be for 4 weeks actually in Spetember, so was sort of hoping that there might be a chance or two to still win for reviews posted in august dates... Always worth asking!
Wed 30/08/17 at 18:36
Staff Moderator
After 17 memorable years of giveaways, Freeola's Win Any Game competition is coming to an end. With over £225,000 worth of prizes awarded, I think we can all agree that it's had a pretty incredible run and we hope you've all enjoyed it.

For more on the history of the competition, some light reminiscences and the full announcement of the change, please see our post on the Freeola Blog:

http://freeola.com/blog/post/last-chance-to-win-any-game.html

As explained in that post, there will be another four chances to win in September, so get writing and hopefully you can win one of the last sets of prizes. Who will cement their place in history by becoming the last name on the Winners List? Over to you all...

Thanks again to everyone who took part. And we'll let you know on here when any new competitions come up that might be of interest.

Finally, if any of you regulars have any particular memories of the competition, its controversies or notable winning-entries since the year 2000, feel free to share them on this thread, as we pour out a metaphorical 40oz to the memory of a beloved competition.

Post edited by booom on 30/08/2017 at 18:58.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.