GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Mon 30/01/17 at 17:51
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I think I've been playing to my Skyrim. I played a shooty shooty bang bang game yesterday and instinctively went to loot the bodies for lockpicks and gold coins.

That's why I like Fallout so much. Shoot stuff, loot it for lockpicks (bobby pins, but you get the gist) and coins...
Mon 30/01/17 at 11:31
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Viewed a couple of 'trailers' for Resident Evil 7 this afternoon ... pretty much in your face now that it's first person! Love the use of CryEngine, but have always liked its effect.

How did you find the free 'teaser' chas you played this afternoon?

Creepy, atmospheric, intriguing, and even the "short" teaser has multiple endings and paths. If the game is anything like the teaser (which one would assume it is!) then it'll be one to watch for game of the year 2017.

It has shades of "the Evil Within" about it, where often your only option is to avoid rather than fight, but it still has that puzzle element that made the first Resi game so cool.

And, my god does it look pretty in 4K!

Probably worth mentioning, I will be buying the game for sure. It's the first survival horror game for a while that's given me a bit of a chill without relying on the "make you jump" mechanic. Unsettling is about the best way to describe it.

Post edited by chasfh on 30/01/2017 at 17:55.
Mon 30/01/17 at 08:54
Regular
"And in last place.."
I think I've been playing to my Skyrim. I played a shooty shooty bang bang game yesterday and instinctively went to loot the bodies for lockpicks and gold coins.
Sat 28/01/17 at 19:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Viewed a couple of 'trailers' for Resident Evil 7 this afternoon ... pretty much in your face now that it's first person! Love the use of CryEngine, but have always liked its effect.

How did you find the free 'teaser' chas you played this afternoon?
Wed 18/01/17 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Rather a lot of time spent on a SP chas ;¬)

As far as my records show, I spent 394 hrs on CoD:MW2 MP, 194hrs on Battlefield 3 MP and 156hrs on StarWars MP ... just cannot see the point on SP games, even though I spent 98hrs on Borderlands:The Pre-Sequel and I've yet to launch Borderlands 2 :¬D

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

EDIT: ... mind you, having just spent the last hour looking for a fffing battery in Homefront:The Revolution before I could continue ...............

Post edited by DL on 17/01/2017 at 22:33.

Don't like multiplayer games at all...

My "record", I believe, is 580-ish hours on Empire Total War. That was two campaigns...
Tue 17/01/17 at 18:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
65? Pfffff!

talk to me when you hit 385 hours (my quest list is still stupidly long!).

Rather a lot of time spent on a SP chas ;¬)

As far as my records show, I spent 394 hrs on CoD:MW2 MP, 194hrs on Battlefield 3 MP and 156hrs on StarWars MP ... just cannot see the point on SP games, even though I spent 98hrs on Borderlands:The Pre-Sequel and I've yet to launch Borderlands 2 :¬D

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

EDIT: ... mind you, having just spent the last hour looking for a fffing battery in Homefront:The Revolution before I could continue ...............

Post edited by DL on 17/01/2017 at 22:33.
Tue 17/01/17 at 16:29
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
It seems the way round it is to exploit a glitch to resolve a glitch - 2 wrongs make a right, almost. If you hold a wooden plate up to the fence and do the dash forward shouty thing then you can magically travel through the gate. This needs to be done each time you head back to the castle since the fast travel plonks you right outside.

Just past the 65 hour mark on this (63 of those hours were trying to get through the castle gate) and my quest list seems no shorter. Ever.

65? Pfffff!

talk to me when you hit 385 hours (my quest list is still stupidly long!).
Tue 17/01/17 at 09:00
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
I seem to recall something about this, but it was fixed quite quickly in the original if I remember rightly. Strange that they seem to have re-established a lot of the fixed problems...

We'll be seeing dragons flying backwards next!

It seems the way round it is to exploit a glitch to resolve a glitch - 2 wrongs make a right, almost. If you hold a wooden plate up to the fence and do the dash forward shouty thing then you can magically travel through the gate. This needs to be done each time you head back to the castle since the fast travel plonks you right outside.

Just past the 65 hour mark on this (63 of those hours were trying to get through the castle gate) and my quest list seems no shorter. Ever.
Mon 16/01/17 at 18:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:

Been sinking a lot of hours into Skyrim and came across a castle gate that blocked my path today. My companion lives there but is showing no interest in getting in. A quick search online shows others have had this issue and it has clearly existed when the game was originally released and been ported over to the special edition. But at least the progress halting glitch looks nicer now!

I seem to recall something about this, but it was fixed quite quickly in the original if I remember rightly. Strange that they seem to have re-established a lot of the fixed problems...

We'll be seeing dragons flying backwards next!

Still putting all of my gaming time into Warhammer Total War, still loving it even though I'm getting completely slaughtered playing as the Empire. It doesn't take a lot for everyone to start hating your little Empire; make a few trade deals with the wrong nations, bang goes your credibility and suddenly you're on your own.

Totally different experience from playing the Dwarfs; I made deals with Vampire counts, Wood Elves and Goblins all at the same time, and STILL managed to convince other Dwarf nations to join my Confederation. Must be the beards...
Sat 14/01/17 at 17:41
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
The price did make me do a bit of a double take, but given what it's (apparently) capable of and how flexible it is, perhaps it's worth it. Handheld AND home console gaming in one bundle? 720p and 1080p?

We have three tablets in the house all about the same size as the one with the Switch, not including Kindles, and not one of them was less than £120. My wife has a 3DS XL, and we'd since given up on the idea of a home console.

The 3DS was more than half the price of the Switch, and the screen is a lot smaller than the rather impressive tablet you get with the switch (and a lot lower resolution too), so I'm actually quite tempted as it "upgrades" the wife's handheld gaming AND adds a home console...

I don't think it is a bad price for a new console that includes a tablet but factoring in the cost of a game on top and it becomes a bit costly for me at the moment. Not sure it is a price to get new Nintendo fans on board though.

Day 1 looks to have a mere 5 games and since I am not a fan of Zelda, there is nothing that interests me so it wouldn't be a wise purchase.

Been sinking a lot of hours into Skyrim and came across a castle gate that blocked my path today. My companion lives there but is showing no interest in getting in. A quick search online shows others have had this issue and it has clearly existed when the game was originally released and been ported over to the special edition. But at least the progress halting glitch looks nicer now!

Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.