GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Game Chat Thread Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/16 at 14:14
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure we had one of these before, but as we've got nowhere else on the forums for general game chat, here it is....

Page:
Sun 03/09/17 at 16:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A revamp of the RX480 no less ...
Sun 03/09/17 at 09:56
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
my lovely 4Gb graphics card blew all its outputs, so I had to buy a new one...

Got an 8Gb rx 580, and it's an absolute beast. Like a silently angry ninja bear, tearing its way through everything I throw at it without even breaking a sweat.

AMD Chill is an awesome addition to the setup, meaning the GPU is never working harder than it needs to, clocking back in the quieter bits of a game and ramping up when it gets a little intense. Keeps my rig nice and cool, and, bizarrely, blows out COLD air when it's not working hard! And it idles with no fans at all... never really had a card do that before.

Still a bit disappointed with the rather short life of my last card though, particularly as I never feel the need to overclock, but looking at some other forum posts, it seems the r9's had a problem with this in general.

You live and learn I suppose.
Thu 10/08/17 at 22:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Didn't even bother with any of the series. Still playing Borderlands 2 and the DLC and rather enjoying it, seeing as Dishonored 2 still has no sound ... and a refund maybe a forthcoming venture with Steam!!!
Thu 10/08/17 at 18:30
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Finally got round to Resident Evil 7. Incredibly creepy and very atmospheric but became less interesting as I got used to it all. Latter stages were nowhere near as good as the beginning.

Still haven't bothered with this, probably won't now. Seems everyone says the same; creepy to start, tails off toward the end. Part of the problem I think is that we're becoming used to the macabre in games, so it's far less impactful.
Thu 10/08/17 at 09:23
Regular
"And in last place.."
Finally got round to Resident Evil 7. Incredibly creepy and very atmospheric but became less interesting as I got used to it all. Latter stages were nowhere near as good as the beginning.
Mon 17/07/17 at 09:50
Regular
"And in last place.."
I gave the Splatoon 2 splatfest a try over the weekend. Can't say I enjoyed that so I hope the single player mode is decent as I can't cancel my pre-order it seems.
Mon 10/07/17 at 18:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
You tried it in Stereo rather than surround? Apparently there are some issues with some headsets (Razr in particular, don't know if that's relevant?) and the 7.1 option. Switching to Stereo does it...

Not suggesting that this is an ideal solution, but it might at least "solve" the problem enough for you to play.

Thanks chas, but it's already in stereo and I use Creative Fatal1ty headphones
Mon 10/07/17 at 17:10
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

DL wrote:
Soz chas but thanks for the help ... Dishonored 2 still plays without any sound whatsoever! Extremely handy that and it makes me annoyed that I've potentially wasted hard-earned cash!

Oh well, I'll uninstall it and wait a few months before trying it again ;¬)

You tried it in Stereo rather than surround? Apparently there are some issues with some headsets (Razr in particular, don't know if that's relevant?) and the 7.1 option. Switching to Stereo does it...

Not suggesting that this is an ideal solution, but it might at least "solve" the problem enough for you to play.
Sat 08/07/17 at 22:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Soz chas but thanks for the help ... Dishonored 2 still plays without any sound whatsoever! Extremely handy that and it makes me annoyed that I've potentially wasted hard-earned cash!

Oh well, I'll uninstall it and wait a few months before trying it again ;¬)
Sat 08/07/17 at 14:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

chasfh wrote:
You might still want to try the fix, as the exact same thing happened with Bioshock on MY PC (I have an AMD card instead, but Realtek HD Audio active same as you), and the fix worked for me on that occasion.

With only 72% downloaded so far, taken your advice and applied the 'fix'. All seems well, but maybe a bit presumptive regarding success with Dishonored 2.

Will keep you informed.

Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.