GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Design, PC, Internet, & Freeola's Longest Thread!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/04/02 at 08:06
Regular
Every forum has a longest thread, so I didn't want this one to be any different.

We can talk about anything, and I think it will be good to make some new friends on the chat forums.

You don't have to if you don't want to, but I thought it could be fun!!

Let's get typing.
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Soemtimes I wish there was a way for us users to get rid of spam.
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:24
Regular
What about SpamGuard?
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:28
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
like an ignore button? if you got rid of posts the following posts might not make sense.
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:39
Regular
maybe. But if it was just proper spam, like coping your stats down, like i know some people do in the Sony thread, it wouldn't matter
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I made a suggestion awhile ago in the SR Site Bugs forum, but loki thought it was a bad idea.
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:45
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
not going to enlighten us on what your idea was? I don't think they see it as a problem really, spam causes more people to argue, they probably find it funny.
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:55
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Well, two ideas actually.

1) Three little lights would sit below our taglines with each post, one red, one orange, and one green. We start off with all the lights off. At the bottom of each post, there would be a link, similar to the "Report this Post" link underneath each post. If the amount of reports reaches a certain amount, a PHP script would change the images so that the green light came on, the the orange one, and then the red one. When a user reaches the red light, they get banned.

2) When a user spams, users would click on the link mentioned above, and the spammer would be reduced to newbie or JAT, because everyone knows that newbies and JATs get less respect than regulars.
Sat 13/04/02 at 12:57
Regular
Well, if any spammers come in to this thread then we'll chuck them out
Sat 13/04/02 at 15:24
Yawn.

How do you propose to do that?

"Please leave." doesn't usually work.

WLTs don't tend to work unless they are /the/ WLT. And at 18 posts so far, this one looks to be failing.
Sat 13/04/02 at 16:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Failing? it's only just started....obviously.

That 3 chances and your out idea doesn't sound good, I don't think they'd be many members left, I think when they ban people e.g. Shaneo they should ben the I.P. address, although it's not good to be completly banned from forums, but would make him post less.
SR seem to be very lenient with their banning, but I get the impressiong that too many people report posts, must be quite a boring job sorting through them all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.