GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New MyFreeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/11/15 at 10:56
"Are you sure?"
Today's revamped MyFreeola is looking much more business like! :¬)

I'm in the middle of refreshing a couple of my websites which are on a *much* smaller scale so I know how much work goes into making moves like this - a LOT.

@Freeola please let us know when you are finished so we can feedback any glitches.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 27/11/15 at 15:18
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
Can you send anything you have over? I'll make sure I look out for it and cross-reference against anything we have being looked in to so there are no 'duplicates' :D

Hi Warhunt,
Did you pick my items up from here?

I've just had a few problems creating new email accounts (ticket 209845), but I was hoping you/Freeola would pick up the other items from this thread.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 20/11/15 at 17:56
"Are you sure?"
Not MyFreeola...
Total triv but there's also a problem with users avatars, if they haven't got one.

i.e. https://secure.freeola.com/uploaded/noavatar.gif 404s

#bugbounty :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 20/11/15 at 14:54
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt,
The SSL issue mentioned earlier looks good now.

Not actually part of your MyFreeola changes but worth sorting out.
The SSL on Webmail has a similar issue due to http://images4.freeola.co.uk/favicon/freeolawebmail3.ico.

The "See All Settings" link doesn't show non-EmailPro email addresses for me since the changes.

Not so much a bug, more a UX comment, is the way the "Our Sites" links work.
Initially the links in the drop-down weren't working but that's all sorted. But a visitors mouse changes to a hand/link when hovering over the very top 'links', but it isn't an actual clickable link. I would change the top text to be a working link taking a visitor to the home page of each section or stop showing the 'hand'.
Not an actual problem as I mentioned.

As you know from my earlier Support Ticket I'm currently transferring another domain to Freeola. I often have to use other providers 'control panel' and am happy to report yours is one of the best I've come across! The 'discount' one I've been having to use this morning on behalf of my client is a complete nightmare.
Another important difference is you lot actually work to get things sorted/corrected many of the others haven't a clue...

I'll let you know if anything else crops up :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 20/11/15 at 11:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
--------------------------------------------
Hmmm... wrote:
I thought you would say that :¬P
I'll save my other 73 issues until you say you've finished!

---------------------------------------------

Can you send anything you have over? I'll make sure I look out for it and cross-reference against anything we have being looked in to so there are no 'duplicates' :D
Thu 19/11/15 at 23:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
motomod wrote:
DL wrote:
[i]My expired subscriptions to NOD32 don't really need to figure in My Freeola ... last one expired 2010!

I'll have a look into this, DL.[/i]

Thanks motomod, it's not that important ... just a suggestion. I do love the new format though :¬)
Thu 19/11/15 at 13:18
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
DL wrote:
My expired subscriptions to NOD32 don't really need to figure in My Freeola ... last one expired 2010!

I'll have a look into this, DL.
Wed 18/11/15 at 20:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
My expired subscriptions to NOD32 don't really need to figure in My Freeola ... last one expired 2010!
Wed 18/11/15 at 17:26
"Are you sure?"
I thought you would say that :¬P
I'll save my other 73 issues until you say you've finished!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 18/11/15 at 13:40
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not quite Hmmm.. and no points for you yet as I'd already spotted and corrected that and it's going out with the next bunch of fixes. :)
Wed 18/11/15 at 13:10
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
Glad you like it Hmmm... A lot of work has gone into this.
We're now working through the expected glitches so we'll let you know when we think we're done.

Are you done yet?

Here's one :¬)
Your page isn't secure due to 'mixed content' - i.e. elements on the page that aren't HTTPS.

http://images.freeola.co.uk/main/safe-secure-payment.png is breaking things which is ironic :¬)

Browsers report this in different ways, some showing a warning but recently Chrome has been changed to show if a page is either secure or not, with nothing in between. So Chrome removes the green padlock for MyFreeola at the moment.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.