GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Digital Catalogue Challenge"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/09/15 at 20:52
Regular
It may be extreme tiredness talking, or it may be me trying to get my money's worth out of my gaming, but I have decided to set myself a challenge to go through my digital gaming catalogue, starting with Steam, playing through each title (not necessarily to completion) and writing a review of each one based on my experiences.

I currently have 510 Steam games (I'm a sucker for Steam sales and Humble Bundles) so this will take me a while. If I ever finish it, I will move on to other catalogues, whether that's my PS Vita, 3DS, Origin (yuck, :)) or GOG, but I'm just interested in seeing how far I can go with this before I either burn out or lose interest.

Obviously some games are old, some are recent, so this will be quite varied. I'll put the list of those I've reviewed below incase anyone wants to follow this.

My limitations will be time (which is why this will take me a while). I have three children now - my youngest born almost two weeks ago, so I only get a couple of hours per night (at most) to play. And I will no doubt get distracted by other things. So again, this is more of a personal challenge.

Feel free to follow this and let me know what you think. My Steam ID is darkedgy if anyone wants to add me, just let me know who you are too. And perhaps I'll ask for suggestions on what to play next.

Every challenge has to have a start - so working alphanumerically, I'll start with 140.

(to give you an idea, I have also included total times played at time of review)

Edgy's Digital Challenge

Reviews on Freeola:
140 Steam - 1h 14m 2/9/2015
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition Steam - 2h+ 3/9/2015
Age of Empires III Steam - 13h+ 25/9/2015
Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs (DLC) Steam - 18h 27/6/2016
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (DLC) Steam - 11h 27/6/2016
Alien Isolation - In progress

HM's Digital Challenge

Reviews on Freeola:
The Escapists Xbox One 25h 3/9/2015
The Escapists: Alcatraz DLC Xbox One 25m 6/9/2015
Fri 04/09/15 at 19:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks, I will do. Got to keep me motivated to play some of the catalogue. Playing MMOre Goatz at the moment. Odd game. Plays like it's broken (but think that's what is meant to be like). Mix of faux MMO and a DayZ (Goat Simulator style)...

Also playing Deer God, which is available free on XB1 Games With Gold if anyone has one and wants to give it a go. It's a strange one...but has an addictive element to it...
Fri 04/09/15 at 12:34
Regular
The more the merrier :)

I'll edit the original post to include yours too - let me know when you've played/reviewed a digitally owned game and I'll edit the list and link your reviews too!

I'm currently working through Age of Empires 3 on my Steam games list (I've never played an AoE game before), so I imagine it is going to take me a while.

I'm not sure what I want to try next though so if anyone wants to give me any input I'll run with it.

Alphabetically I should be playing Age of Empires 2 but I think there are technical issues with the current version awaiting a further fix. So, I can either try that next, failing that Alien Breed: Impact, or I can play anything else on my list - I'm open to suggestion :)
Fri 04/09/15 at 08:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Any room on the thread for additional challengers?

I'm a sucker for Games with Gold and download them, but often never play them. Partly why I spent so much time on the Escapists - challenging but also set me back £15!

Other games I need to crack on with are the Goat Simulator: MMOre Goatz Edition, How To Survive: Storm Warning Edition, Deer God, Assassins Creed Black Flag (oh...and to actually finish Unity) and Thief. Swear there are a few more I need to get around to playing too!
Wed 02/09/15 at 23:37
Regular
I'll never get through them all - but I'll have fun trying.

Even if I find a bad game that I have bought as part of a humble-bundle or an impulse buy in a sale, I'll have fun reviewing it for what it is.
Wed 02/09/15 at 23:13
"possibly impossible"
Good luck. Looking at my own list across different systems, it seems an insurmountable task.
Wed 02/09/15 at 22:58
Regular
I consider it partly my 'punishment' for buying too many games knowing I haven't the time to play them all. It means that I will have to give all my games a good try (unless I find I have un-winnable technical issues, which is a rarity with Steam games I find).

It also gives me some focus, which is easily lacking when three young children destroy any sense of focus I'd normally have.

Obviously my boys come first...they are my future Mario Kart challengers after all, but when I have some me-time, I can focus it on this.

And thanks for the add :)
Wed 02/09/15 at 22:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
That's a task and a half Edgy ... even considering the 'new born' and congratulations too.

I'll add you now on Steam ... BluTac ;¬)
Wed 02/09/15 at 20:52
Regular
It may be extreme tiredness talking, or it may be me trying to get my money's worth out of my gaming, but I have decided to set myself a challenge to go through my digital gaming catalogue, starting with Steam, playing through each title (not necessarily to completion) and writing a review of each one based on my experiences.

I currently have 510 Steam games (I'm a sucker for Steam sales and Humble Bundles) so this will take me a while. If I ever finish it, I will move on to other catalogues, whether that's my PS Vita, 3DS, Origin (yuck, :)) or GOG, but I'm just interested in seeing how far I can go with this before I either burn out or lose interest.

Obviously some games are old, some are recent, so this will be quite varied. I'll put the list of those I've reviewed below incase anyone wants to follow this.

My limitations will be time (which is why this will take me a while). I have three children now - my youngest born almost two weeks ago, so I only get a couple of hours per night (at most) to play. And I will no doubt get distracted by other things. So again, this is more of a personal challenge.

Feel free to follow this and let me know what you think. My Steam ID is darkedgy if anyone wants to add me, just let me know who you are too. And perhaps I'll ask for suggestions on what to play next.

Every challenge has to have a start - so working alphanumerically, I'll start with 140.

(to give you an idea, I have also included total times played at time of review)

Edgy's Digital Challenge

Reviews on Freeola:
140 Steam - 1h 14m 2/9/2015
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition Steam - 2h+ 3/9/2015
Age of Empires III Steam - 13h+ 25/9/2015
Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs (DLC) Steam - 18h 27/6/2016
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (DLC) Steam - 11h 27/6/2016
Alien Isolation - In progress

HM's Digital Challenge

Reviews on Freeola:
The Escapists Xbox One 25h 3/9/2015
The Escapists: Alcatraz DLC Xbox One 25m 6/9/2015

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.