GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Digital Catalogue Challenge"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/09/15 at 20:52
Regular
It may be extreme tiredness talking, or it may be me trying to get my money's worth out of my gaming, but I have decided to set myself a challenge to go through my digital gaming catalogue, starting with Steam, playing through each title (not necessarily to completion) and writing a review of each one based on my experiences.

I currently have 510 Steam games (I'm a sucker for Steam sales and Humble Bundles) so this will take me a while. If I ever finish it, I will move on to other catalogues, whether that's my PS Vita, 3DS, Origin (yuck, :)) or GOG, but I'm just interested in seeing how far I can go with this before I either burn out or lose interest.

Obviously some games are old, some are recent, so this will be quite varied. I'll put the list of those I've reviewed below incase anyone wants to follow this.

My limitations will be time (which is why this will take me a while). I have three children now - my youngest born almost two weeks ago, so I only get a couple of hours per night (at most) to play. And I will no doubt get distracted by other things. So again, this is more of a personal challenge.

Feel free to follow this and let me know what you think. My Steam ID is darkedgy if anyone wants to add me, just let me know who you are too. And perhaps I'll ask for suggestions on what to play next.

Every challenge has to have a start - so working alphanumerically, I'll start with 140.

(to give you an idea, I have also included total times played at time of review)

Edgy's Digital Challenge

Reviews on Freeola:
140 Steam - 1h 14m 2/9/2015
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition Steam - 2h+ 3/9/2015
Age of Empires III Steam - 13h+ 25/9/2015
Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs (DLC) Steam - 18h 27/6/2016
Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (DLC) Steam - 11h 27/6/2016
Alien Isolation - In progress

HM's Digital Challenge

Reviews on Freeola:
The Escapists Xbox One 25h 3/9/2015
The Escapists: Alcatraz DLC Xbox One 25m 6/9/2015
Thu 24/09/15 at 10:48
Regular
I've completed the standard AoE III single player campaign. When I get a chance, I'll try out the multiplayer (if it is still active) and I'll have my review up.

I think I've got two expansions to try then, and once reviewed I can move on to Shadow Warrior.

Was it the remake, or the classic I was meant to be trying?
Thu 10/09/15 at 10:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'll have to get around to doing it!

Play time for escapists is probably around 25hrs in total (missions/resets and now for the glory, I'm aiming for 100% of the game...)

Alcatraz DLC - 25 mins

Escape Team when written, probably 4 hours (would have been less if I knew how to get through one of the doors...I was being very dense for most of the game...
Wed 09/09/15 at 22:02
Regular
I look forward to reading your reviews :)

I'm 8 hours into Age of Empires 3 - part of me wants to rush through it to start the next one, but the other part of me wants to enjoy it for what it is - otherwise I'm missing the point.
Wed 09/09/15 at 20:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
The Escape Team DLC has been completed. Now to try and find a great game in the catalogue to keep my interest for so long. I'll have to get reviewing...
Tue 08/09/15 at 20:08
Regular
pb, does your Xbox One review of the Forza 6 Demo count towards your own digital catalogue challenge?
Mon 07/09/15 at 00:07
Regular
pb - Hope you get to join us soon :) If you have any older games you want to do in the mean time (hell, my library includes games from the early 90s) then by all means do so :)

As for the Escapists DLC, very disappointed to hear how easy it was. But you would have been left wondering if you didn't try it.
Sun 06/09/15 at 18:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm becoming a digital downloader on consoles and really must stop. Definitely enjoying the indie/small games available out there right now.

The Alcatraz DLC was poor (I was expecting something that would last a little longer than the 20 minutes...). Downloaded the other DLC soon after completing and still stuck on it - now that's value!

EDIT: Alcatraz review posted
Sun 06/09/15 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
Once I finally get enough for my graphics card replacement I'll join you. I was hoping it would be in time for my birthday but that came and went a couple of months ago.
Sat 05/09/15 at 23:24
Regular
I'm terrible for buying more games when I haven't finished my enjoyment of previous ones. But at least with PC games on Steam, it is very rare that they'll become unplayable on a current system so I prefer to buy games via Steam rather than console formats that may not be transferrable to the next generation of systems.

Console exclusives are a little different however (it's no secret I'm a big fan of Nintendo games).
Fri 04/09/15 at 20:33
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Oh dear...downloading the Alcatraz DLC...

Note to self...COMPLETE MORE STUFF BEFORE BUYING MORE STUFF

Nope...still didn't get the message. Expect a review on this shortly haha!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.