GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare(ly true) rumours"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 18:03
Regular
How many more rumours do we have to face? First we get the Rare christmas card that everyone takes as 'oh, look, that obviously means Rare are going multi-format', then we have an April fool that Shigsy is leaving Nintendo, and now there are rumours of Rare being bought up by Activision!

Why are the rumours about Nintendo always rumours that, if true, would be bad for the company? I don't believe that Activision have bought out Rare, Nintendo would have to be stupid to let that happen!

But why do Nintendo always get runours that are bad? These spread like wildfire. And one minute loyal PS2 fan#1 is saying "Ah, all your silly games on N64 were for kiddies" and the next minute he's saying "ah, cool, looks like Rare are going multi-format!" and you're left wondering why he would want to play games from Rare, the developers of 'kiddie' N64 games. Shigsy leaving Nintendo was a dubious rumour, and suspected April Fool from the word go, but now we get this rumour.

Rare being bought up? Again, I have serious doubts about the truth of this. If Nintendo are confident enough to place major mascots such as Donkey Kong and Starfox in the hands of Rare, they must be quite sure that they are going to have a long term relationship with Rare, as they already have had with Rare developing the Donkey Kong Country and Land series on the SNES and the Game Boy. Also, apart from Nintendo, Rare are probably the best reason to buy a GameCube. Rare games are some of the highest quality in the gaming industry, and can usually rival the efforts of even Nintendo. And I think Nintendo must realise this by now, so would be wary of anyone else trying to muscle in on Rare.

Anyway, there's enough rambling for one post, we'll have to wait and see if the rumour is true, but I have severe reservations about it holding any water.
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I really cant see this being true, RARE are far too valuable to Nintendo to let Activision of all people take them away from under there noses.
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:06
Its probably not true because why would rare want the starfox and DK licences revoked by nintendo?
Thu 11/04/02 at 18:03
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
How many more rumours do we have to face? First we get the Rare christmas card that everyone takes as 'oh, look, that obviously means Rare are going multi-format', then we have an April fool that Shigsy is leaving Nintendo, and now there are rumours of Rare being bought up by Activision!

Why are the rumours about Nintendo always rumours that, if true, would be bad for the company? I don't believe that Activision have bought out Rare, Nintendo would have to be stupid to let that happen!

But why do Nintendo always get runours that are bad? These spread like wildfire. And one minute loyal PS2 fan#1 is saying "Ah, all your silly games on N64 were for kiddies" and the next minute he's saying "ah, cool, looks like Rare are going multi-format!" and you're left wondering why he would want to play games from Rare, the developers of 'kiddie' N64 games. Shigsy leaving Nintendo was a dubious rumour, and suspected April Fool from the word go, but now we get this rumour.

Rare being bought up? Again, I have serious doubts about the truth of this. If Nintendo are confident enough to place major mascots such as Donkey Kong and Starfox in the hands of Rare, they must be quite sure that they are going to have a long term relationship with Rare, as they already have had with Rare developing the Donkey Kong Country and Land series on the SNES and the Game Boy. Also, apart from Nintendo, Rare are probably the best reason to buy a GameCube. Rare games are some of the highest quality in the gaming industry, and can usually rival the efforts of even Nintendo. And I think Nintendo must realise this by now, so would be wary of anyone else trying to muscle in on Rare.

Anyway, there's enough rambling for one post, we'll have to wait and see if the rumour is true, but I have severe reservations about it holding any water.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.