GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Unlimited"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/04/15 at 08:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
I notice Freeola now have a slighter cheaper connection available than the one I am currently on. Is it easy/worth me swapping my connections over to this? (our family has 3 in total and across them it would seem to be a worthwhile saving). I'm just a little bit wary of doing anything with my home connection as I've had issues with it in the past (that strangely seemed to rectify themselves). Its been well behaved for a while now & I don't want to upset it!
Thu 16/04/15 at 11:20
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
I'm hoping so!

Just checking to see if I'm likely to be out of luck ordering a new connection tomorrow morning?

Sorry to chase.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 15/04/15 at 16:03
Regular
No worries - thank you. :)
Wed 15/04/15 at 15:35
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The Unlimited product is LLU so if you are still 20CN then you will have to stay there unless your exchange has LLU (generally 20CN exchanges are the small rural 'Market 1' exchanges so are not viable for LLU providers).

If you don't wish to regrade then your connection will stay as it is via the same supplier.

Once the availability checker is up and running you can just click the change tariff button in your MyFreeola broadband page and you will then be able to see the products we offer that your line supports.
Wed 15/04/15 at 15:15
Regular
Is the new network for just the LLU connections, or will 20CN customers be under the same provider?
Tue 14/04/15 at 22:03
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We are planning on informing existing customers but there have been problems at the supplier end so we're holding off until that is resolved. The issue isn't the network but the sending and processing of orders due to an upgrade to their systems. For now we've disabled regrades and sign ups.
Tue 14/04/15 at 21:31
Regular
I don't want to be a moaning minnie here, but this surely could have been handled better? As a long standing customer, it would have been nice to get an email communication about what appears to be fairly radical changes to the Freeola service.

I do welcome potentially having to pay less for the service, and an end to peak caps. Hopefully the Network we are moving to doesn't suck.. Do we get to know who it is?
Tue 14/04/15 at 20:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
OK thanks - I'll await further updates.

Does this mean I can change and pay less for my existing connection?

Not that I'm that bothered as it's always been there and never a problem as I've never had a need to check 'usage'
Tue 14/04/15 at 19:08
"Are you sure?"
OK thanks - I'll await further updates.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 14/04/15 at 19:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I'm hoping so!
Tue 14/04/15 at 17:20
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
We've put a note up on our network status page and will close it when everything is resolved.

I'm hoping to sign up a new Freeola ADSL customer when I visit them this Friday (using the new unlimited package) and possibly another next Tuesday :¬) Wish I was on commission!

Any idea if the outstanding issues will be resolved by Friday?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.