GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google and Mobile sites ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/03/15 at 14:29
Regular
It appears google say that they will penalize non mobile enabled websites on mobile device searches

do I need now to have a mobile site if so how does one go about that ?
Mon 20/04/15 at 20:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Well if the "European Union, the BBC and Wikipedia" don't comply ... what have we lesser mortals to worry about ... Google will sort it soon ;¬)
Mon 20/04/15 at 16:13
"Are you sure?"
Google's 'mobile friendly' change kicks in tomorrow.

Here's a new BBC article on it.

It will be interesting to see how this goes!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 05/04/15 at 10:07
Regular
I have altered the navigation links to the size Google requires for it to say they are mobile friendly and they look awful ! well out of scale on the PC.

I will do it for 2 of our sites, leave the other 2 and see how it goes.
Tue 31/03/15 at 19:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
Better than the car battery that "mobile" phones [I]used to be strapped to![/i]

I had a Motorola ... not a car battery in sight ... but still a brick ;¬)
Tue 31/03/15 at 18:18
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
Full circle ... mobiles are 'bricks' again!

Can't really imagine Mrs DL holding her 17.3" screen laptop to her ear to call her mother ;¬)

Better than the car battery that "mobile" phones used to be strapped to!
Thu 26/03/15 at 19:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Full circle ... mobiles are 'bricks' again!

Can't really imagine Mrs DL holding her 17.3" screen laptop to her ear to call her mother ;¬)
Thu 26/03/15 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
"...mobile is very 2012, my iPhone 6 plus screen is almost as big as my laptop screen."

Read this elsewhere in mobile web chat - lol'd
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 24/03/15 at 17:34
"Are you sure?"
chasfh wrote:
...Ever the cynic, aren't you?

Yep!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 24/03/15 at 14:51
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:

Seems daft to me that being 'mobile friendly' could rank higher than having more relevant information!

Perhaps Google ads display better on a mobile site ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Made me smile a bit... Ever the cynic, aren't you?

It'll be interesting to see if this changes search engine usage figures at all (i.e. will more people start using Bing for example, in order to get the most relevant results?).
Tue 24/03/15 at 14:30
"Are you sure?"
chasfh wrote:
Read an article today which seems to suggest that the "mobile friendly" criteria will ONLY affect "mobile searches". So, desktop users will see different search results from mobile users...

Yep, that's what Google are saying.
In the item I linked to on the 15th Google said:

Starting April 21, we will be expanding our use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal. This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide and will have a significant impact in our search results. Consequently, users will find it easier to get relevant, high quality search results that are optimized for their devices.

Seems daft to me that being 'mobile friendly' could rank higher than having more relevant information!

Perhaps Google ads display better on a mobile site ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.