GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Maintenance 20/02/2015 - Ongoing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/15 at 10:36
Regular
Getting a "no connection to server" message when I try to retrieve my e-mails. Is the fault .
Sun 22/02/15 at 09:19
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@bognor bill: As you are using our broadband service you also get access to our free e-mail. You can find out the differences between the free e-mail and EmailPro by visiting http://freeola.com/free-email/.
If you login to you MyFreeola account and then go to the Broadband Details & Usage page you should see a list of complimentary services (near the bottom of the page). You may find that you still have a free EmailPro to setup if you wish.
Sun 22/02/15 at 09:06
Regular
Whats the difference between email pro servers and so called "free" email (I thought that was what I was paying £20/month for ?.

Should I be moving to something more reliable, haven't had an email for two days now
Sun 22/02/15 at 07:10
Regular
Most of my mailboxes have forwarding set up and we don't usually use POP access. It looks to me like none of the back-logged email will be forwarded. Do I have to set up POP access for each mailbox to collect the backlog?
Sun 22/02/15 at 00:27
"Are you sure?"
I see the Status Page says the queue has been processed now. I sent half a dozen test emails over the last 24 hours - none have arrived yet?

Also sending a test email now the outage is over hasn't worked for me yet...

Edit. It looks like email created by FormMail isn't getting through, normal test mails are arriving.

Eccles, have you successfully tested FormMail?

Edit2. FormMail has just worked!
The tests sent over Friday night and Saturday are still AWOL.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 21/02/15 at 23:46
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks for letting us know Hmmm....
and my apologies once again to everyone affected by this outage.
Sat 21/02/15 at 23:43
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Eccles.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

...while writing this, new mail has started to arrive :¬)

FWIW
There have been a number of BT/BT-Yahoo protracted email outages over the last couple of years! I can assure you it's nicer dealing with Freeola than BT Support. That's not to say situations like this aren't frustrating, but I know what works best for me.
Sat 21/02/15 at 23:39
Regular
oops, no, I was wrong. I'm just receiving copies of everything I had already received up until yesterday.
Nothing for today though.
???
Sat 21/02/15 at 23:35
Regular
POP mail is now responding. Though there seems to be two servers active. I'm in the process of receiving ~ 4000 emails, that is 200o mails, but two of each
Sat 21/02/15 at 23:31
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You should be able to access your mail boxes but mail received during the maintenance is still being processed (500,000 to start with now 200,000 to go, to give you some sort of idea).
Sat 21/02/15 at 23:25
"Are you sure?"
DL wrote:
...all up and running fast here

I've got webmail access back since the 22:00 update, but both pop and webmail are only showing the pre-maintenance situation for me.

I guess my email is still being processed as per the previous messages. Anyone other than DL seeing activity yet?

Ta.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.