GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Maintenance 20/02/2015 - Ongoing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/15 at 10:36
Regular
Getting a "no connection to server" message when I try to retrieve my e-mails. Is the fault .
Sat 21/02/15 at 10:36
Regular
Getting a "no connection to server" message when I try to retrieve my e-mails. Is the fault .
Sat 21/02/15 at 10:46
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to the forums!

See the Service Status page for updates on the ongoing maintenance.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 21/02/15 at 17:25
"Are you sure?"
When I had a proper job everything ran on IBM mainframes - real computing! All before servers were thought of.

We had a saying "IBM time" - when they said an hour it wasn't a normal 'Greenwich' hour!

IT can be unpredictable stuff!

Nice to see the regular updates on the Status Page - I'm happy things will get there in the end!

I'm also pleased to see Freeola have started to use their Twitter account - hopefully they'll reclaim the #Freeola hashtag.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: If my moderator powers let me I would change the title of this thread to add "Current email outage"...
Sat 21/02/15 at 18:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
When I had a [i]proper job everything ran on IBM mainframes - real computing! All before servers were thought of.

We had a saying "IBM time" - when they said an hour it wasn't a normal 'Greenwich' hour! [/i]

Certainly would apply here Hmmm ....

"
21/02/2015 16:00:
Mail is still continuing to be transferred to the new server, we will restore normal service as soon as possible. Again we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are hoping to complete the process in the next hour, unfortunately the synchronisation process is taking longer than expected.
"
... and still no resolution ;¬)
Sat 21/02/15 at 18:23
Regular
I'm glad you are so sanguine about it. All our website email addresses are dead at a fairly important time and it seems that Freeloa have no real idea how long this process will take to run.

I know this is the free email service, but email associated with paid hosting services is caught up in this. This looks like it is going to be at least a 24 hour outage.

Seriously hacked off..
Sat 21/02/15 at 18:36
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,
This type of maintenance is always going to inconvenience users, there is not a lot we can do to prevent that I'm afraid. Instead we've tried to perform the maintenance at the quietest time of the week (going by server traffic). We posted advanced notification of this maintenance on our network status page. It would not have been practical to notify e-mail account holders individually. We are moving all data from a 3rd party platform to ours but there are many factors affecting how fast this can happen and we've been working hard since late last night to make it happen. Please bear with us and my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Sat 21/02/15 at 19:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles ... maybe the thread title should be changed, as Hmmm suggested earlier, to something more appropriate due to the longevity of the situation ;¬)
Sat 21/02/15 at 20:21
Regular
You need to learn from the experience of the railways: what *really* upsets people is being left in the dark with no information.

I appreciate that transferring data can cause problems, but surely you have *some* idea of how far through the process you are. The messages posted on the network status page are worse than useless because they simply repeat - verbatim - the same wrong information.

And yes I know this is a "free" email service, but actually it's not free, but rather bundled into the price of the whole ISP service.

Not impressed.
Sat 21/02/15 at 20:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
cbell wrote:
You need to learn from the experience of the railways: what *really* upsets people is being left in the dark with no information.

I appreciate that transferring data can cause problems, but surely you have *some* idea of how far through the process you are. The messages posted on the network status page are worse than useless because they simply repeat - verbatim - the same wrong information.

And yes I know this is a "free" email service, but actually it's not free, but rather bundled into the price of the whole ISP service.

Not impressed.

This was what I was 'hinting' at earlier but didn't really want to say!

Spot on cbell
Sat 21/02/15 at 20:50
Regular
Eccles wrote:
Hello,
This type of maintenance is always going to inconvenience users, there is not a lot we can do to prevent that I'm afraid. Instead we've tried to perform the maintenance at the quietest time of the week (going by server traffic). We posted advanced notification of this maintenance on our network status page. It would not have been practical to notify e-mail account holders individually. We are moving all data from a 3rd party platform to ours but there are many factors affecting how fast this can happen and we've been working hard since late last night to make it happen. Please bear with us and my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

It's ok to upgrade, but this work must have been programmed some time ago. Why could you not have advised customers when you sent the monthly invoice?
It's been nearly 24 hours now and still no word from you since the last (unhelpful) update at 1600.
Surely you must have some inkling of when the transfer will be completed or must we wait a further 24 hours before service is restored. Oh, and no, it's not exactly free but included in our normal service fees!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.