GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Webserver (standard hosting) maintenance issues..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/11/14 at 11:27
"Are you sure?"
The Service Status page showed that webserver 4 was having some maintenance carried out yesterday.

I happened to notice some old CGI scripts I use failing this morning on a server 4 website.

Poking about I found that some file permissions have changed from 766 to 744.

This has happened on numerous server 4 sites.
After changing the file permission on the failing script everything is running again.

Freeola, thanks for posting this maintenance work. Without seeing that I would have been scratching my head for a lot longer!

Can you say what the maintenance was and if you will be doing it to all the other web servers in the future?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
I thought this was worth a forum post rather than a support ticket as I'm all sorted and others may find it useful if they are affected :¬)
Mon 24/11/14 at 14:20
"Are you sure?"
Thank you!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 24/11/14 at 10:03
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Bump specially for Hmmm... next bit of maintenance
Fri 21/11/14 at 12:14
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi Hmmm...

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try and get it sorted for next time as we will be performing this maintenance across all the free hosting servers soon. It may that the newer perl configs are slightly different, we did check pretty thoroughly but it would be impossible to check everything is running correctly on every single site.
Fri 21/11/14 at 11:27
"Are you sure?"
The Service Status page showed that webserver 4 was having some maintenance carried out yesterday.

I happened to notice some old CGI scripts I use failing this morning on a server 4 website.

Poking about I found that some file permissions have changed from 766 to 744.

This has happened on numerous server 4 sites.
After changing the file permission on the failing script everything is running again.

Freeola, thanks for posting this maintenance work. Without seeing that I would have been scratching my head for a lot longer!

Can you say what the maintenance was and if you will be doing it to all the other web servers in the future?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
I thought this was worth a forum post rather than a support ticket as I'm all sorted and others may find it useful if they are affected :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.