GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Webserver (standard hosting) maintenance issues..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/11/14 at 11:27
"Are you sure?"
The Service Status page showed that webserver 4 was having some maintenance carried out yesterday.

I happened to notice some old CGI scripts I use failing this morning on a server 4 website.

Poking about I found that some file permissions have changed from 766 to 744.

This has happened on numerous server 4 sites.
After changing the file permission on the failing script everything is running again.

Freeola, thanks for posting this maintenance work. Without seeing that I would have been scratching my head for a lot longer!

Can you say what the maintenance was and if you will be doing it to all the other web servers in the future?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
I thought this was worth a forum post rather than a support ticket as I'm all sorted and others may find it useful if they are affected :¬)
Thu 25/06/15 at 10:15
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Eccles,
Ticket 206283 raised.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Fixed :¬)
Thu 25/06/15 at 08:22
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sorry for the delay in replying Hmmm...
Could you drop us a support ticket please so this can get looked at and so we have a proper record of it? Thanks.
Tue 23/06/15 at 16:56
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I've just noticed that this has started to happen for me again (see below)?

Emails generated via formmail (Freeola script & 3rd party ones) display this as the from address:

user1000 [[email protected]] on behalf of email_account_used_in_form_script

Has recent maintenance re-introduced this perhaps?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Hmmm... wrote:
Hi Freeola,
I'm not sure if this is me or not but I 'think' it could be down to your changes. It's a newly re-written website so i'm not 100% sure...

Using the Freeola standard form-to-mail script I notice on the REPLY address shows as:

From: uid1000 [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]

Previously it just used to show as from the normal account used in the form.

Note.
Not all email clients will show 'on behalf of'. Desktop MS Outlook does.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 05/01/15 at 15:32
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
Didn't get to see him today (accept walking in as he was off), so I'll grab him when I next get a chance.

If only there was some electronic way of contacting people...
One day perhaps :¬P

I've recently updated Tectite formmail on the site that was failing with the latest formmail script and over the weekend also installed it on a new domain and everything seems to be working fine.

If any other files at Freeola's end were changed to get things working due to the server maintenance please let me know so I can get my files in sync.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/12/14 at 19:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Didn't get to see him today (accept walking in as he was off), so I'll grab him when I next get a chance.
Thu 18/12/14 at 19:46
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt,
Yes, still waiting. Not urgent though.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 18/12/14 at 19:29
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Were you still waiting for a response Hmmm... or has ncrs got back to via ticket etc?

If not I'll ask him tomorrow.
Fri 12/12/14 at 13:06
"Are you sure?"
ncrs wrote:
The sendmail issue appears to be that the new MTA does not like you supplying the -F flag. I've turned that off in your config, and I'll take a look at whether we can set a compatibility flag rather than erroring. Don't think its a common issue as I've been watching the errors on the MTA log and this one generates a very specific error.

Hi Freeola,
Now things have settled down can you let me know if I need to amend any of my local files to reflect any changes you made?
See formmail quote above.

As mentioned earlier I've updated my .htaccess files relating to .htpasswd.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 04/12/14 at 17:17
"Are you sure?"
ncrs wrote:
I've done a locate/grep/sed and updated the path on anyone using the "incorrect" path, so you should all be sorted.

That's good to get people up and running again but their local files will break things if they should need to re-FTP their files - just thinking out loud.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 04/12/14 at 17:13
Staff
I've done a locate/grep/sed and updated the path on anyone using the "incorrect" path, so you should all be sorted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.