GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"too many buttons"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 11:09
Regular
i`m on about the gamecube controller. i`m not saying there is too many buttons for the person using it to control because it fits snug in your hand and the only real difficulty (once you get your head around the Z button being on top instead of on the back) is finding the B button. all the talk that it is hard to reach the kidny buttons (Y and X) is just talk and as easy as trying to find and AOL disc in your mail. so what i really mean by there being to many buttons is that game developers are finding it hard to make moves for every button (i mean real moves not changeing tactics in fifa 2002). you see i was playing on a gamecube at my local currys and i found out i wasn`t using the d-pad(which is ok i know it`s there for another option instead of the anologue stick) and the c-stick, and Y. ok ok yes it could be that one game but when i went home and looked at my mag (which gives you all the control options) i realised not all of the buttons are in use. so my main wory is that nintendo have introduced to many buttons and games companys will think they need to use them all and decide to work on another console (yes ok very rare this will happen but you never know). I just hope this isn`t the down fall of the gamecube like it was for specs that did it for nintendo ^$ (explianed in my other topic named "i cracked it".
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:30
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Everyone will get used to it once weve all had them for a week or so. I thought that i would never get used to n64's 'weird' controller. Im sure it will be just fine :)j
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I think the controller is perfect. Especially once you've held the X-Box's controller which weighs about a ton.
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
look i'm holding one in my hand right now and the only thing i have to critise about it is the z button being that you have to move your finger away from r to get to it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.