GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Political opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
Just out of idle interest, what's the political opinion of people here? If I put this in Chat, I'd get "hurhur poltics x-bx" or something.

What party did you vote, if you can, and what party will you vote? Did you not vote? Why?

I take Politics AS Level. It interests me.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:41
"Mimmargh!"
The Labour government really haven't made any significant changes in thier one a bit terms in office. Traditionly I'm a Conservative but recently its become apparant that both parties have weak policies and only say stuff to get elected (same old rhetoric) rather than follow distinct polices like from the early 20th Century. Maybe because of the fall of the class system since the 50s the parties don't really know where they stand in a middle-class society. Labour were always for the working class whereas the Tories represented the upper middle and upper classes. Of course Margeret Thatcher got elected three times for her policies in the later part of the 20th Century.
Some one good will come along soon, just you wait...

To be frank I don't know if I will vote at all in the next election.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The only thing that the Spin Doctors puppet Blair wants to put the great into is himself - How annoying is that smug grin of his ?

Where I live is a Tory heartland so there is not much chance of changing that being surrounded by farmers and such like.

The one thing I like about the Lib Dems or whatever they are calling themselves at the moment is that they seem to be the most honest about what they are going to do, but again I suppose they can afford to be honest knowing that they have no chance of getting in anyway ! Paddy Ashdown was probably the best candidate for PM we have had for years and had he been with a different party then he probably would have been.

I voted Tory at the last election because I thought that a vote for Lib Dems would have been a wasted vote and it was obvious then and is today that Labour are making a total balls up of things.

Wouldn't it be great if Tony just turned round in the house one day and said "we were wrong about the NHS but this is what we need to do" - It might happen one day and if it did it would give tremendous respect and would probably keep them in power for years - oh well..
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:27
Regular
Fair enough, then. I personally reckon things have got worse under Labour.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:20
"High polygon count"
Well, politics bores me stupid anyway, but in 30 years of living under both Conservative (mostly) and Labour governments, I don't see either making much effort to put the 'Great' back in Britain.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:17
Regular
WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:

You're supposed to vote for who you think will do the best by the
> country, and as far as I'm concerned, none of the major parties have the
> countries best interests at heart.

--

Surely you should vote for who you think has the country's interests nearest at heart? Otherwise you might be unwillingly help someone else get into power who's worse?
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:14
"High polygon count"
None.

You're supposed to vote for who you think will do the best by the country, and as far as I'm concerned, none of the major parties have the countries best interests at heart.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:14
Regular
At the last election I voted Liberal Democrats.

I don't agree with them wanting to go into Europe. But at the time of the election they were the only ones saying "Yep, we're going to improve health and education but we have to put taxes up."

I feel that health and education are the most important things a country has, and they need to be the best.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
Just out of idle interest, what's the political opinion of people here? If I put this in Chat, I'd get "hurhur poltics x-bx" or something.

What party did you vote, if you can, and what party will you vote? Did you not vote? Why?

I take Politics AS Level. It interests me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.