GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Political opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
Just out of idle interest, what's the political opinion of people here? If I put this in Chat, I'd get "hurhur poltics x-bx" or something.

What party did you vote, if you can, and what party will you vote? Did you not vote? Why?

I take Politics AS Level. It interests me.
Fri 19/04/02 at 23:16
As I'm new on the block, can anybody tell me if we are to have a conversation about topics raised or is this a load of rubbish like the rest of the internet
Wed 10/04/02 at 21:15
"Mimmargh!"
It shouldn't be so hard to maintain the NHS, I know equipment is more expensive nowadays but were still the fourth richest nation on the planet.
Maybe state healthcare is doomed to fail as people live longer and need more advanced cures, in which case people would have to pay for their own care like in the U.S.

And to think they recently let air traffic control go private (in part)! Crazy!
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:54
Perfectly true. For what it's worth, I favour small government that tries to give as much autonomy as possible to its citizens, and if that means decreased public spending as a result, then so be it. No government that spends the kind of money this one does on white elephants like the Millenium Dome, Railtrack u-turns and public-private partnerships can preach to me about value-for-money and the need to raise taxes.
Wed 10/04/02 at 20:28
I've read many veiws on the transport system in our country and it isn't the past nor present governments place to bail them out of trouble.In fact, transport should never have been privatised by the last party in power because it forms an integral and essential part of everybodies lives and the economy, the same as gas, electicity etc. The present government is intent on kicking the motorist for every last penny it can get by taxation and the most profitable way with speed camera's, which have nothing to do with safety only profit. If they want us off the road, why haven't they improved the transport system to get people to & from work, especially youngsters who can't drive or afford their own transport. Its a vicous circle which we can do nothing about. They give us the problems but not the solutions. Hope this wasn't too long, but there u go
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:02
"Mimmargh!"
Meka Dragon wrote:

>I reckon I'll have to educate my own children, I'm not sure there will be much point in sending them to school. Maybe I'll also have to become a doctor and surgeon, as I don't like my chances with the NHS much either.

Soon were gonna have to start our own rail service as well.
Wed 10/04/02 at 09:52
Regular
"not dead"
Last election I voted Conservative, as they weren't Labour.

I despise the Labour party, as they have very little awareness of the UK outside of London and other big cities.

I can't believe they got such a large percentage of the student vote in 1996 when all along they had stated their intention to do away with Student Grants as they were.

People just went along with a mood for change, without knowig what the Labour party planned to do, or so it seems.

I reckon I'll have to educate my own children, I'm not sure there will be much point in sending them to school. Maybe I'll also have to become a doctor and surgeon, as I don't like my chances with the NHS much either.

Oh well, just as long as the bar in the houses of parliament is fully stocked, and tax doesn't rise on spirits the polititions will be happy. Has anyone else noticed that the tax on spirits never goes up, and the Chancellor always anounces the budget with briefcase in one hand, and a glass of whiskey in the other?

What does it matter if car tax rises, they all get chauffer driven cars, it's not like it's coming out of their pockets.
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
If you don't feel any of the major parties reprtesent your views, I wouldn't say don't vote... I think you should look into the smaller parties (ones with practically 0 chance of getting in) and seeing if their policies are any better. You may think voting for a smaller party is wasting a vote, but better than helping someone get in to power if you don't believe in what they are doing...
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:
>
But as
> much as I dislike politicians, I say bring back Maggie - she had more balls than
> anyone since, and that's the last time I remember this country having any real
> sense of national pride.

--

Exactly how I feel. She made the country work. I don't remember it, but I know from my studies, it definitely worked.
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Good greif. Two spelling mistakes in the first two sentences. I look like a retard...
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Belldandy wrote:
The railways
> are mostly private sector and it's not the governments job to prop them up,

This is tru now, but didn't used to be. The main reason they wer privatised is because the government realised they couldn't prop them up. Pass the buck to someone else.

The economy is actually pretty high and consumer spending is at one of
> its highest levels - I doubt what one poster said about german economics student
> being taught about our economy because Germany is basically up the creek itself.

I can't say for sure whether it was true, but it was around a year ago I read a post by a german guy in a political debate in some other forums. In any case, you can prove anything with statistics...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.