GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CUBE-£165, X-BOX-£300"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 15:04
Regular
People say "It may be £300 but at least im getting my moneys worth!!.." Naaa. Pay half that and get a cube you silly old DUFFERS!!!
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:22
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
The truth is, you are getting a whole lot of hardware for your £300 XBox. Gamecube is great value at £165, but people get too hung up on the initial price.

Most people own consoles for the life of the machine, buying what, 5 or 6+ games a year?, making 25-30 games or more in total. Prices for the games are similar for all systems, so what does your initial saving of £135 get you? Not much - just 3 extra games that you wouldn't have been able to get if you got an XBox on a fixed budget. To me this is totally insignificant, and hence price is simply not a factor in buying a Gamecube.

I'd get one even if it was £300, because I am getting one for certain games that I know won't be on any other systems. Unfortunately, Nintendo know that if they did sell if for more than say £250, it wouldn't do half as well as it will at £165. It's a shame they need to sell it on price and not on the actual hardware and games alone...
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:04
Regular
"hit the road jack"
People say "It may be £300 but at least im getting my moneys worth!!.." Naaa. Pay half that and get a cube you silly old DUFFERS!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.