GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CUBE-£165, X-BOX-£300"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 15:04
Regular
People say "It may be £300 but at least im getting my moneys worth!!.." Naaa. Pay half that and get a cube you silly old DUFFERS!!!
Sun 07/04/02 at 16:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Firstly, Bonzo, stats mean NOTHING. It's the GAMES that matter- not the specs.

Now, concerning the pricing, £300 is a normal console launch price. The PS(1) was £400, the PS2 was £300, the N64 was £250. The GC is a massive exception- not the standard!

Anyway, why would someone buy a GC over an Xbox because of the price? Surely they should do so because they, personally, prefer the games. To just blindly say that "I'll buy a GC coz it's cheaper" is stupid.

Some people actually prefer the realistic style of games on the PS2 and Xbox, and in their case those consoles would be a better buy.

Some people prefer the Ninty style of original games, and for them, the GC is a better buy.

But you cannot, unilaterally, say that one console is better than another. Personally, I like both worlds. I have a PS2, and MAY get a GC in the future... but only if I can ever find the cash!
Sun 07/04/02 at 16:21
Regular
The way I look at it. The ps2 is maxing out at 6 million polygons per second, the gamecube is maxing out at 12 million in rogue leader and the xbox is maxing out at 15 million polygons in wreckless. So you could say the gamecube is twice as powerful as ps2 and the xbox is 25% more powerful than gamecube. When you look at the prices it shows the gamecube to be amazing value. Not only that but its a well made stylish bit of hardware and has the best game developers in the world working on it it seems its the console to buy. The only downer for me is that after the launch theres no new major games until about august but I believe Nintendo have taken notice of this critiscism and are trying to improve the game schedule so we get titles soon after japan and the usa. I just can't wait to get my hands on monkey balls and I've pre ordered a gamecube with a sega game too.
Sun 07/04/02 at 16:05
Regular
"hit the road jack"
GpotterUK wrote:
> I know what you mean about people not knowing what they are going on about!! In
> another forum this guy said that with the hard drive, the PS2 will have specs
> WAY better than the Gamecube!! I couldn't help but pull him to pieces - what a
> dork! When I pointed out that it will do nothing for the graphics or sound, he
> felt a bit daft.

It's also true about XBox not being that much better than
> the other consoles. Sure, the gfx are nice, but I don't miss it after I had to
> take it back for a refund. I'm really looking forward to the Gamecube because
> it is cheaper, is getting some great games, and more than that, it is getting
> Nintendo games!! :o)

Well said!! :) j
Sun 07/04/02 at 16:03
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
I know what you mean about people not knowing what they are going on about!! In another forum this guy said that with the hard drive, the PS2 will have specs WAY better than the Gamecube!! I couldn't help but pull him to pieces - what a dork! When I pointed out that it will do nothing for the graphics or sound, he felt a bit daft.

It's also true about XBox not being that much better than the other consoles. Sure, the gfx are nice, but I don't miss it after I had to take it back for a refund. I'm really looking forward to the Gamecube because it is cheaper, is getting some great games, and more than that, it is getting Nintendo games!! :o)
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:58
i agree at the time ps2 was first released it was a "beast" i was even close to buying it but then a mate said the cube was getting released at the end of 2001. all well just a few days left.

also i believe the xbox is better and i hope it does better than it is at the mo. billy deserves a little success with he new investment.

also i just been over to a mates and he has a xbox and was going on about the specs he said "it has a built in hard drive" and by then i was getting fed up so i said "i bet you don`t know what it does" he replied "yes i do it makes the graphics better" so maybe when he understands it better i will take his veiw in to account.

oh and if bill gates is listening "GET A BETTER CONTROLLER"
it fits in your hand like to put a ps2 game in your cube. and also "START USING THE DAMN SPECS AS THEY ARE SO GOOD"
i can`t really see any big improvment from the other consles.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:32
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
AshMan wrote:
> Why not buy a PS2 for £200 and a GC £160!!! Two consoles, both that
> are better than Xbox, for a shde more than the price of Xbox!!!

LOL!!!! Ha Ha!! PS2, better than Gamecube?!! Yeah right, OK. How is that so? Just cos' it plays DVDs (and not that well either).

If someone were to ask me which two consoles they should get, I have no hesitation is recommending XBox and Gamecube. PS2 is just not worth considering - it is ancient technology.

XBox plays DVDs better than PS2, is getting all the top games that the PS2 it getting, and more.

Xbox and Gamecube have got two very different strategies and that is why they compliment each other so well. PS2 is lurking in the middle, not knowing what to do, apart from churn out loads of sub-standard jaggy games.

Don't get me wrong, I have a PS2 as well, but there comes a time when you have to admit that it isn't the beast that it once was.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:31
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Hey jc, i managed to get back on as i've done some of my homework (!) but won't be on for long ! The thing that you must remeber is that most people buy the console for the games, as you, I and many others are buying the Gamecube for the great games. This is just the same as if someone buy's a PS" for GTA3 or MGS2 or an Xbox for Halo. But yes you have to admit that £300 is alot to pay !!
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:26
Regular
"hit the road jack"
*flinch* you know your stuff. X-box has a hard drive..wow whoopeedoo.
"Mimmargh!"
Well, the GameCube can't play DVDs or CDs. I'm still getting the Cube though because its all I can afford right now and I would rather have Super Smash Bros. Mellee and Star Wars: Rougue Leader than Halo, which incedentally, is coming to PC around August so its not even exlusive.
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Why not buy a PS2 for £200 and a GC £160!!! Two consoles, both that are better than Xbox, for a shde more than the price of Xbox!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.