GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CUBE-£165, X-BOX-£300"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 15:04
Regular
People say "It may be £300 but at least im getting my moneys worth!!.." Naaa. Pay half that and get a cube you silly old DUFFERS!!!
Thu 13/03/14 at 06:58
Regular
Hi everyone, we hope you like our new website and please give us your feedback and comments!
Tue 09/04/02 at 11:51
i dont know if it`s been said yet but the slight diffrence in specs between the consoles wont make much diffrence. my PC is better than my mates by about the same as the ps2 to xbox but the diffrence is not seen unless you point out every little jagged edge. in other words people boast about the specs but the diffrence is like the between playing an n64 with rf lead and rgb lead .....not much diffrence at all
Tue 09/04/02 at 09:21
Gamecube rulz and x-box sucks a**e, what else is there to say!!!
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:40
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Oh yer, and I remember loads of Ninty fans saying that the PS would flop because
> of the price! HA!

(I'm assuming you mean PS2)

The argument went along the lines that the Dreamcast was not only out performing the PS2, it was also a hell of a lot cheaper.

The DC went on to not sell and die out.
It SHOULD'VE slowed down the PS2's domination a hell of a lot, only people were blinded by Sony's hype and advertising and the fact that the original PS had taken the world by storm.

Never mind though.
The PS2 wasn't all that bad...
Mon 08/04/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Back in black"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
I have a PS2,
> and MAY get a GC in the future

No pun intended?

:D
Sun 07/04/02 at 22:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Thankyou for your vote of confidence Gpotter!

Personally, I think it is totally stupid saying that the Xbox is poor (or whatever)... because it has some great games.

As gamers you'd think that people would get that point?

Anyway, if I had the money (and no A levels coming) I would undoubtedly get a GC and Xbox... the first for classices like Strafox, Zelda and Mario, and the second for Jet Set Future, DOA3 and Halo.

The style of games on the consoles is very different, but both are great"
Sun 07/04/02 at 21:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bonzo Banana wrote:
>I just can't wait to get my hands on monkey balls

Well thats your business....
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:34
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
This could go on for ever, and these "mine's better" posts are a tad boring, so...

No single console is better than another. Consoles are for playing games on, and that's what people buy them for. If one has got more of the games that you prefer, then that's what you get; in your eyes it is the best, and nothing anybody says can change that.
Sun 07/04/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
"Oh yer, and I remember loads of Ninty fans saying that the PS would flop because of the price! HA!"

Wasn't the Saturn also launched at £400??
Well, that flopped, but despite the price, it still sold QUITE well - even if it didn't top the market.
So price has no effect on which machine gamers choose to buy. Like Sonic said - the PS started at £400 and ended up MILES above the rest!
Sun 07/04/02 at 16:51
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh yer, and I remember loads of Ninty fans saying that the PS would flop because of the price! HA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.