GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola's Big 2013 Quiz!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/14 at 14:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hey all,

Been a while since we posted any competition to run along side the usual Gaming Awards.

We were originally planning on this being a Christmas quiz, but decided a yearly 2013 would be better.

I'll be posting the link to the questions tomorrow morning, whereby users will have 1 week to answer and get back to us (subject to change based on demand etc).

The prize will be 2 Gaming Awards, and anyone is welcome. Hopefully we can get some friends and family joining in.

-----------
RULES
-----------

Obviously standard 'moral' rules apply. No cheating or gathering answers from outside sources.
Obviously we can not prevent this fully, but we have put some rather clever methods in place to make this sort of activity much more noticeable to us in marking.

1) Visit the link provided below to get to the quiz.

2) Once there Read the site rules

3) You will be asked for your Freeola ID and email. Use your actual forum id and email you used to sign up with us.

4) Press start and enjoy your 11 minutes of fun!

5) The quiz will be open until 29th Jan.

--------------
QUIZ LINK
--------------
CLOSED

--------------
WINNING
--------------

The winner will be picked based on highest score.

This will be decided and announced on Jan 31st (2014)

In the event of a drawn score, the tiebreaker 'guess' will be used.
Wed 15/01/14 at 11:46
Regular
"I like turtles"
11 minutes...how the hell am I supposed to Google the answers in just 11 minutes?!!!

I would share it on FB for you but I only have 4 'friends' on it and one of those I've never actually met.

The way 2014 has gone for me so far it would most likely be a waste of 11 minutes of my life but if I get chance I will give it a whirl. I'm sure this quiz will be a lot better than my effort of 12 months ago.

I'm off to Ladbrokes now to stick a tenner on DL & Millie being crowned 2013 Freeola Against The Clock Quiz Champions :)
Wed 15/01/14 at 12:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It is a bit fast I guess, but it is meant to be a quick fire sort of thing.

I also believe that it is fairly generous, with over 16 seconds per question. I think this is long enough to think of the answer if you know it without going to Google it. I know me and my testers were ok with this anyway.

And the quiz gives fair warning about the time limit so interruptions should be avoided if possible. Nothing we can really do about it in hindsight mind.
Wed 15/01/14 at 13:05
"possibly impossible"
Part of my issue was working out how to spell some of the words!
Wed 15/01/14 at 13:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
I'm off to Ladbrokes now to stick a tenner on DL & Millie being crowned 2013 Freeola Against The Clock Quiz Champions :)

Having just seen the format, think you'd have more chance betting a tenner on a three-legged donkey winning the Grand National. Millie hasn't been known to sit for 1 minute let alone 11 :¬)

We shall have to see ... plenty of time to consider.
Wed 15/01/14 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Why worry about spelling? As long as I can understand the answer, I'll accept it.
Wed 15/01/14 at 14:23
"possibly impossible"
Warhunt wrote:
Why worry about spelling? As long as I can understand the answer, I'll accept it.

Damn, thought I'd get extra marks.

Should have been a practice run available!
Wed 15/01/14 at 15:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Again defeating the purpose of it being semi Google proof and 'quick fire' :P

It's meant to be hard :D
Wed 15/01/14 at 16:02
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
No idea how well I did, but proved to be a nice little break whilst I was at work, at least :)
Wed 15/01/14 at 18:45
Regular
"I like turtles"
That site is running stupidly slowly for me right now, don't seem to be having issues with any other sites?
Wed 15/01/14 at 18:55
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pete_21 wrote:
That site is running stupidly slowly for me right now, don't seem to be having issues with any other sites?

Yup, certainly seems a little slow to me too...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.