GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola's Big 2013 Quiz!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/14 at 14:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hey all,

Been a while since we posted any competition to run along side the usual Gaming Awards.

We were originally planning on this being a Christmas quiz, but decided a yearly 2013 would be better.

I'll be posting the link to the questions tomorrow morning, whereby users will have 1 week to answer and get back to us (subject to change based on demand etc).

The prize will be 2 Gaming Awards, and anyone is welcome. Hopefully we can get some friends and family joining in.

-----------
RULES
-----------

Obviously standard 'moral' rules apply. No cheating or gathering answers from outside sources.
Obviously we can not prevent this fully, but we have put some rather clever methods in place to make this sort of activity much more noticeable to us in marking.

1) Visit the link provided below to get to the quiz.

2) Once there Read the site rules

3) You will be asked for your Freeola ID and email. Use your actual forum id and email you used to sign up with us.

4) Press start and enjoy your 11 minutes of fun!

5) The quiz will be open until 29th Jan.

--------------
QUIZ LINK
--------------
CLOSED

--------------
WINNING
--------------

The winner will be picked based on highest score.

This will be decided and announced on Jan 31st (2014)

In the event of a drawn score, the tiebreaker 'guess' will be used.
Thu 30/01/14 at 20:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
This ...

"Anyone below 15 got removed, but well done anyway :D"

and this ...

"
"Average time per attempt: 9:59 mins. Thanks to Numnut mainly.
-Average score was only 52%.
-Question 3 (Star Wars) was the only question answered correctly by ever single user.
-No one answered question 38
-Besides no answers: The least correct were question 42, 30 and 6, with only 1 correct answer each. "

... actually make it a clinical quiz ;¬)

Are Freeola feeling the 'pinch'?
Thu 30/01/14 at 19:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@rfeltz ... When you get the chance ... please remember us all to Vanessa :¬)
Thu 30/01/14 at 00:37
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
2nd place, not too bad, congrats rfeltz. Hope you enjoyed the sillier answers for stuff I didn't know - always try and amuse (assuming the answers were read, of course).

If i'd not spent time thinking and spent it googling answers I didn't know I probably would have won ;)
Wed 29/01/14 at 20:46
"possibly impossible"
Well done rfeltz.
Wed 29/01/14 at 19:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
So well done to our newcomer ....

rfeltz : 27

Nice one :¬)

@rfeltz ... you've won some prizes now
Wed 29/01/14 at 17:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ok so the results are in, and quite surprising.

First of though I want to preface this by saying that the site chose worked pretty well in my opinion, but maybe the format did not.

The timer is pretty much required, as I really don't want it to be a prize for who can Google the best.

I'm going to be doing more of these hopefully, so I'll review again for next time.

-------------------
Scores below:
-------------------

rfeltz : 27 (time taken 11 mins)
HighFlyerVII : 25 (time taken 10:41 mins)
Timmargh : 24 (time taken 10:59 mins)
numnut : 24 (time taken 6:50 mins)
pb : 18 (time taken 11 mins)
TheBuz : 16 (time taken 11 mins)
Davidm4 : 15 (time taken 11 mins)

Anyone below 15 got removed, but well done anyway :D

-----------------------
Points of Interest
-----------------------
-Average time per attempt: 9:59 mins. Thanks to Numnut mainly.
-Average score was only 52%.
-Question 3 (Star Wars) was the only question answered correctly by ever single user.
-No one answered question 38
-Besides no answers: The least correct were question 42, 30 and 6, with only 1 correct answer each.
Tue 28/01/14 at 12:21
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Just a day left people.

Any one who wants a chance, give it shot quick. And trust me, it seems you will have a GOOD shot :D
Sun 19/01/14 at 14:50
"possibly impossible"
As far as my position on the leaderboard is concerned..

I've got a bad feeling about this!
Fri 17/01/14 at 12:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Have to agree, slightly OTT.

As for Samuel, the hat suits him:¬)
Fri 17/01/14 at 08:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
DL wrote:
Perhaps some of my 'thoughts' could be considered in the light of this ...

Outdated Web Features ... remove in 2014

Wow, what an awful article. It hypes on about 12 points it seems fit (which are mostly entirely opinionated and hipster) then proceeds to actually break them itself >_<

Example: Point 1 being 'clutter' yet their site looks like someone has taken a HTML blender to a white background.

Also it's still wearing the hat as I want it to. I actually noticed this myself yesterday, but I really don't want to change it as I like little Samuel (which is the dragons name).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.