GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Runescape......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/08/06 at 15:50
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
..but I just found this thing called Runescape. Its pretty cool, lots of things to do. If you decide to come on tell me, and I'll try and help you...umm...prosper in the runescape world.
Sun 13/08/06 at 21:04
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Wait, I didn't read further down the thread. Anyway, what do quest points do exactly? And in the restless ghost quest, how do you get his skull?
Sun 13/08/06 at 20:40
Regular
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> I too have been living under a rock.
>
> Could someone give me the jist of it?

Basically; it's a Java based click-and-point RPG type game where you can spend the time levelling up your 'skills', 22 in total, which each help you make money and are needed at certain levels for things such as quests.

At the same time you train your fighting skills, namely Melee (attack, strength and defence) which determine what weapons you can use [attack], how hard you hit [strength] and how hard it is for you to be hit [defence].

The game has massive scope due to the amount of skills and time and effort it takes to train each one, something like 14 million experience points being needed for 99 in a skill. To put that into context, I have 81 attack yet have around 2 million experience points in it.

You also fight other players and spend the time training magic and range and prayer also to allow you to fight more diversely. Magic is useful due to spells that can 'freeze' opponents, range is good because it can be used quickly and from afar and prayer gives you a range of useful 'prayers'; allowing things such as complete defence from melee and advanced strength. Prayer is trained for a larger variety of prayers and to make them last longer. There is a triangle; namely that Melee > Range, Range > Mage, Mage > Melee. In practice good level mages kill everyone.

Finally you can make money for rare or useful items, by using your skills or 'merchanting'; buying things cheap and selling them for a profit. I have something in the region of 9 million 'gp' yet the rarest and most expensive item is a 'Blue Party Hat' (Xmas drop five years ago) worth 200 million +.

It's repetitive and boring, you either love or hate it. People who enjoy the game become members (£3.20 a month) which expands the world map, gives you access to all the skills, more items, more quests etc.
Sun 13/08/06 at 20:30
Regular
Yeah, I play it, mainly because loads of people in my school did.

Can't play for a while due to not having a good enough pc, but, I'm a 'combat 98'.

If you wanna look me up my name is thejonsmith and if you have any questions about the game I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help you. On here that is.

Yeah, so going back to drinking beer, or ... something else that isn't as geeky. Mm. *Runs*
Sun 13/08/06 at 17:51
Regular
Smedlos the Dragon Master
Sun 13/08/06 at 17:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
snake11 wrote:
> What are you called?

I'll give you 1 guess.
Sun 13/08/06 at 12:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Runescape? I thought people had stopped being interested with it. I've never been able to see what was so great about it realy... just looked, well, a bit pathetic and not particularly exciting, kinda like a watered-down online adventure game.
Sun 13/08/06 at 12:29
Regular
snake11 wrote:
> Not too bright when I was 7.

Not much has changed then..
Sun 13/08/06 at 09:45
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
What are you called?
Sat 12/08/06 at 16:54
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Finally registered and done the tutorial at the minute I'm just having a wander round the world killing a few things and getting experience.
Sat 12/08/06 at 08:45
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> Pah, I got bored of all the mining, and once all your stats go
> above 95, it's just not a challenge anymore...*
Do you use your character now? Could you give me his stuff?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.