GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hopeless sentimentalist..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/04/02 at 23:59
Regular
This is my first post in this forum but I dare say it's one familiar to regulars. So I'll begin.

For all the change that has taken place in the WWF for the last six or seven years, I cannot help but feel that it will never recapture the imagination in the same way that it did back in the halcyon days of the early 1990s.

It's all about the wrestlers for me, not so much the fireworks, music, girls or video games tie-ins. If I want those, I know where to go for them.

The wrestlers I most miss, and I mention them with genuine affection, is the likes of Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels. I obviously remember fondly the era of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, the Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, The Giant and so on. I know Flair and Hogan are back on the scene but it'll never be the same as watching Ric Flair win the Royal Rumble from the start.

And then there were the tagteams: the Bushwackers, the Hart family, the Nasty Boys, and of course Legion of Doom.

This might seem foreign to some of the fans that weren't into WWF 'back in the day', but I was wondering if anyone had any views on this: do you accept that the WWF is not the same as it used to be, or do you think it's better than ever? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
When was WCW on ITV?
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I've only watched wrestling for the last two years but ages ago when WCW was on ITV I watched it then. I don't remember much about it other than that I watched very week but I was only young and it was the only wrestling I'd seen. When everyone was going mad about Hulkamania I was watching Sting and my favourite the Equalizer in WCW. I can't really compare the thw WWF now and WCW then because it was so long ago. I can't remember most of the wrestler's names but I remember things about them and things they did.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:48
Regular
"One More Chance"
I never liked Mr. Perfect, he was even worse in WCW though, he was in the "Rap Is Crap" group. He was bloody awful at singing.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:29
Regular
Mr. Perfect is back in the WWF, so there's one small consolation
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:24
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yep I agree, alhough there have been some top notch matches since then. Although the actuall shows in general sucked.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:00
Regular
Best era: 1996-1999. Nuff said.
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:39
Regular
It was very cheesy back then with dodgey gimicks, the matches seemed boring with simple moves.
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:09
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Jetster wrote:
> I think the WWF is better than when it was in the 1990s, I hated it then, people
> won the matches with body slams and leg drops and it was just un realistic.

*laughs*

Ha.
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:06
Regular
"One More Chance"
I think the WWF is better than when it was in the 1990s, I hated it then, people won the matches with body slams and leg drops and it was just un realistic.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:59
This is my first post in this forum but I dare say it's one familiar to regulars. So I'll begin.

For all the change that has taken place in the WWF for the last six or seven years, I cannot help but feel that it will never recapture the imagination in the same way that it did back in the halcyon days of the early 1990s.

It's all about the wrestlers for me, not so much the fireworks, music, girls or video games tie-ins. If I want those, I know where to go for them.

The wrestlers I most miss, and I mention them with genuine affection, is the likes of Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels. I obviously remember fondly the era of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, the Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, The Giant and so on. I know Flair and Hogan are back on the scene but it'll never be the same as watching Ric Flair win the Royal Rumble from the start.

And then there were the tagteams: the Bushwackers, the Hart family, the Nasty Boys, and of course Legion of Doom.

This might seem foreign to some of the fans that weren't into WWF 'back in the day', but I was wondering if anyone had any views on this: do you accept that the WWF is not the same as it used to be, or do you think it's better than ever? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.