GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 5 present and future."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 14:52
Regular
Last year we had about 20 topics all asking what our top five games were, and which five we were most looking forward to in the Christmas rush. Here is another topic for this years games -

Just two things to do, if ya wanna take part, name your top five games so far for PS2, and then name the top 5 games you are looking forward to on PS2.

For me, that would be -

Present Top 5 -
1) Final Fantasy 10
2) Metal Gear Solid 2
3) Gran Turismo 3
4) Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
5) Devil May Cry

Most anticipated top 5 -
1) TimeSplitters 2
2) Star Wars Bounty Hunter
3) Burnout 2
4) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
5) GTA: Vice City

Feel free to post your top 5's here...
Mon 14/10/02 at 00:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Present Top 5 -
1) Metal Gear Solid 2
2) PES
3) SSX Tricky
4) GTA 3
5) Timesplitters

Most anticipated top 5 -
1) PES 2
2) TimeSplitters 2
3) GTA: Vice City
4) Contra
5) Burnout 2
Mon 14/10/02 at 09:44
Regular
Triple_H wrote:
> 5.MTV Music Generator 3

Woah! I hadn`t even heard about that one! Does it sound any good?
Mon 14/10/02 at 09:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Present Top 5 (Not in order !)

Pro Evolution
Toca Race Driver
GTA3
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
GT Concept

Most Anticipated (Not in order !)

Timesplitter2
Colin McRae Rally 3
GTA Vice City
Soul Calibur 2
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
Mon 14/10/02 at 09:55
Regular
GT Concept? Cool! Does the competition include GT3, or have you not played it? If you prefer GT Concept then thats obviously fair enough, and it suggests that more arcade style racers such as Burnout 2 might be the type of game that suits you.
Mon 14/10/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yep - it does include GT3 - Iv'e mentioned on here about GT3.

Yes it's a damn fine game - but, as I played GT and GT2 to death I just thought that apart from the pretty graphics there was not enough else to make it far enough removed from the original psx titles.

For people who hadn't played the originals then it is a must have.

What I liked about GT concept was the immediacy of the game - it has the all the great handling and driving elements from the GT series but is a game that anybody can actually complete in a couple of weeks and get some enjoyment out of.

How many people actually - honestly - can say they can complete every game they buy? None I would say... This is a game that can be completed.
Mon 14/10/02 at 12:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Top 5 Present
1.Burnout 2
2.GTA3
3.Dropship
4.WRC
5.Time Crisis 2

Top 5 anticipated
1.GTA: Vice City
2.Stuntman
3.The Getaway
4.Devil May Cry 2
5.WRC2

There are allot of other games in my collection which I love playing, as well as allot of games I am very much looking forward to play, but these are the ones that really stand out for me.
Mon 14/10/02 at 13:22
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
What kind of weirdo doesn't complete every game they buy? Games are so easy these days with save points and so on that 'completing' a game isn't the monumental achievement it was in the days of the ZX Spectrum. I actually try to prolong the playing time of most games by starting out on the hardest difficulty mode and only playing them once a week and stuff.

I guess if a game is really crap you might not play it again, but that's understandable.
Mon 14/10/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Darwock wrote:
> What kind of weirdo doesn't complete every game they buy?

Nothing weirdo about it fool.

Games like GT3 take weeks / months to complete 100%.

I think you actually have to be a game playing Psychopath to complete every game 100%. Once you have unlcoked every single car / track and then you do the endurance races as well. Get real.

Most people play games and get to a certain level where they either get stuck or bored - or the fact that they get stuck makes them get bored. During this time another game has come out which they want and they buy and play that instead.

It's a true fact of life kiddo. and something that the majority of "honest" people on here will tell you.
Mon 14/10/02 at 14:02
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Present:

1. Pro Evolution Soccer
2. Onimusha 2
3. GTA3
4. Ico
5. Ephemeral Fantasia

Future:

1. GTA: Vice City
2. Tenchu 3
3. Timesplitters 2
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2
5. Devil May Cry 2

It'd probably change if I did it again, there's just that many brilliant games coming out!
Mon 14/10/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I forgot to mention Soul Calibur 2 -- Doh!

That will be the ultimate fighting game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.