GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa or Pro evo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 19:28
Regular
Which one is better, Fifa 2003 or PES2? i need to know as i am about to pre order, thanks a lot guys and gals.
Wed 16/10/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I agree with Wookiee - don't forget the excellent alternative in TIF2003 - gives all the players and stats etc that you could want - All the competition that you could want and plays a damn good game of football.

It's a lot harder than FIFA games have tended to be with realistic scores such as 1-0, 2-1 etc being the norm.

Don't overlook this game !
Wed 16/10/02 at 13:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Or†ega wrote:
> Bloody hell, PES2 is out next week?!

---

Yup.

25th October.

2 days before my birthday. Yay me!
Wed 16/10/02 at 13:10
Regular
Bloody hell, PES2 is out next week?!

Cool :)

Its hard keeping up with all these release dates...
Tue 15/10/02 at 23:33
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Ive been playing Winning Eleven 6 quite a bit lately and I heard loads of stuff about FIFA 2003 being a brand new engine and everything. That they were basically starting from scratch. I saw some pics and it looked lovely. I was getting a little excited. I then found some videos of it which changed my mind completely. It looked and played exactly the same as 2002 FIFA World Cup.

Hmph.

The gameplay of PES2 is just tweaked slightly from WE6, I think, but its the same thing for me.
WE6 is pretty damn good.

So, like everyone else said... buy PES2.

And if you want, rent FIFA 2003 just to give it a go.

Goodnight.
Tue 15/10/02 at 22:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Pro Evo, without a shadow of a doubt!

I hope you've made the correct selection, Sir Auron.
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:21
Regular
At the end of the day it's all about personal choice and personal taste.

Some people don;t like Pro Evo for the little bugs it has in the control system, or the fact that it doesn't have a very polished front end, or even because it doesn;t have the REAL player names in the game.

Most of these things come down to personal preference and I would agree that in some areas Pro Evo just doesn't compete with FIFA or TIF.

But in my humble opinion, once you start a match, all of those things go out of the window, because PES blows the competition away, but like all things, people are fickle, and to start off, PES is difficult.

Yesterday, I was playing my mate at FIFA and easily taking beatings of 5-1 etc, today we'll play PES for couple of hours, and at the end, he'll still prefer FIFA and I'll still prefer PES, because that's what we play, that's what we prefer and that's what we're good at.
Tue 15/10/02 at 01:20
"High polygon count"
FIFA2003 is worth keeping an eye on at least, because it's being re-built from the ground up. But EA have said that before - which is why I say 'keep an eye on it' rather than 'go and buy it when it's out'.

TIF2003 is a very good alternative. It exceeds PES in every area except the 'reality' of the football it plays. Not sure about PES2 though - but as I've said elsewhere, there appear to be some extremely dodgy team names in PES2, according to the PSM2 review. Might be changed before the UK release, though.

Still, I'm enjoying TIF2003 immensely, and don't think I personally will be buying PES2.
Mon 14/10/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
* Smiles *
Mon 14/10/02 at 21:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I wouldnt touch another Fifa game ever, EA have had enough money out of me even though i only ever bought Fifa 01.

Pro Evo never fails to let you down, and theres no reason why Pro Evo 2 wont be better than any before.

Only 10 days to go...
Mon 14/10/02 at 21:50
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Pro Evo 2, by the odd mile or so.

*Breaks out in sweat*

Blimey that was hard.

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.