GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AEarliest Gaming Experieence? (That you can remember)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/04/02 at 12:48
Regular
Mine ahs to be either an old Simpsons Fighting Force clone in an arcade, or some other arcade game. or probably a Tekken game, or Resident evil 1. What be yours, fine folk of the Fog Chat?
Fri 05/04/02 at 01:09
Regular
How elite - just read some other replies and someone else has the same memory - Harrier Attack! Fear it!
Fri 05/04/02 at 01:05
Regular
What was the name of that game on the Amstrad CPC 464? You had a plane and flew from left to right, had bullets and bombs. You had to shoot other planes and tanks. Harrier was it?

There's that, and there's also Speed King on the Amstrad. You could even go round the Le Mans course on it, though there was only green for grass, black for road, and red and white kerbs. All the 'baddy' bikers were blue and white, and could go approximately 350mhp around 90 degree bends, while it was IMPOSSIBLE for you to stay on the road going 5mph on that same corner.

OH! Another memory - space invaders in a cafe down town. It was this table with the screen under glass on the table surface, and the controls were at each side of the table. Anyone else remember that? It used to take 10p pieces, and that was expensive at the time. :oP
Fri 05/04/02 at 00:59
Regular
My first was duck hunt on the NES, I think it was called that, anyway you had this orange light gun and you had to shot the ducks/birds, after you did a dog came and collected them.
Fri 05/04/02 at 00:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Asher D wrote:
> Mine ahs to be either an old Simpsons Fighting Force clone in an arcade,

I think I remember playing that down the arcades... Was it for two players too? I remember one Simpsons fighter in the arcades that me and my bro used to play...
Thu 04/04/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
my earliest gaming memory was playing Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Ah so many happy 2d memories.

*semajal wanders off into the mists of time*
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Asher D wrote:
> Mine ahs to be either an old Simpsons Fighting Force clone in an arcade, or some
> other arcade game. or probably a Tekken game, or Resident evil 1. What be yours,
> fine folk of the Fog Chat?

I brought that Simpsons arcade game for 50p at a bootsale few years back. Before you ask it was the PC version, not a proper arcade machine. Did you know it was by Konami?
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:43
Regular
"Bah"
pong -on you know what console
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:40
I remember my Amstrad CPC 464 and the many hours I use to spend
> on Harrier Attack!! That was also my earliest gaming memory - Oh the joy of
> bombing the houses at the end of each level - Classic moment!!

Oh yeah... it was good, damn good. :)

Shame they don't make 'em like that anymore, eh ;)
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I'm not sure... there are 2 contendors, soince I was very young at both these stages, and I can't remember which one happened first...

1) when I was living In Canada (my Dad worked there for a bit) I was very young, and our next door neighbor had a really big TV (and I mean REALLY big... like took up most of the wall big) with a NES and Zelda! I don't remember playing it, but I remember the TV was so huge, that the 'blocks' of the NES graphics (you know what I mean... right?) were probably about half an inch big each! Maybe that's inaccurate, but hey I was very young.

2) When me and my brother got a NES for one Christmas... with a Turtles game. Can't remember the turtles games exact title, but it had a top down perspective screen for walking around, and then side scrolling 'action' sections. I remember fighting the Technodrome boss! Ah, classic stuff. Though I don't think I could ever beat Shredder- the bas**rd kept zapping me with this gizmo that turned you into just a normal turtle, then he'd kill me! Bas**rd!
Thu 04/04/02 at 19:13
Regular
Mario Game + Watch

"Oh my God, it's side scrolling!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.