GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goatboy and the rest of you Notables...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 12:34
Regular
... are a bunch of cocky, patronising idiots. I'm sick to death of being treated like something dropped in a toilet by the Notables. They make fun and patronise, and get away with it all.

You might have seen me arguing with Goatboy in another topic. Now, if I dared to say another remoting patronising, insulting or similar to him, he'd be the first to report me and get SR to stamp banned on my account. Yet if I were to report him for anything, it'd get shrugged off and forgotten.

Now, I know that this equality thing has cropped up time and time again, but I'm just so sick of it. SR say that everyone on here is treated equally, but the fact of the matter is that we're not. Notables are given far more respect on here by the staff, and if anyone badmouths them or insults them in any way, they get banned or some crap like that.

Sort it out, SR... because it's simply not fair.
Wed 16/10/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Angry"
Dark Mark wrote:

> Goatboy patronises and insults me.
> I complain.
>
---

Alright punk, so how the hell do you start telling me "shut it" when I say leave Drunk Cow alone.
I'm not allowed to respond to that?

Being a Notable means I have to take grief from anyone that feels like having a pop at me?
Well balls to that.

You started it moomin, not me.
Wed 16/10/02 at 14:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You are going to un-ban goatboy, right?
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Your Honour wrote:
> If the rules are the same for everyone, then surely Dark Mark should
> go as well...?
>
> :-)

No, Dark Mark was only whining, irritating, petualant and wrong. Whereas Goatboy was 'patronising'. When you look at the hordes of non-notables that we've banned for being slightly patronising, it really is a wonder he wasn't gone sooner.
"High polygon count"
I don't know whether to be offended or amused.

I don't ever recall actually speaking to you, DM, and if I did, I certainly don't remember anything that could be considered cocky, patronising or otherwise offensive.

I doubt you've ever even spoken to a few of the Notables as a few of them are rarely on here any more, and a post in the 'main' forums from them is even rarer.

I admit I don't know everything about the situation, but it sounds to me like you've taken a dislike to Goatboy and decided to lash out at everyone with a yellow name.

As Snuggly said, there isn't one person on here who has changed the way they post or speak to people since becoming a Notable, so it would seem obvious that people aren't complaining because they actually *like* the Notables. That is, after all, why they voted for them.

I think you'll also find that there are many Regulars who also 'cop an attitude' towards new people - in many cases much moreso than any Notable. And I can think of *at least* one Regular who has regularly pushed the limits of acceptable posting far more than any Notable, and is still around - so we aren't getting any special treatment from SR at all.
Wed 16/10/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Why ban Dark Mark when he's making a valid argument?
Regular
"Remember me?"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> DM's behaviour is much worse than Goaty's. If fairness should rule
> then both of them should be banned.

It went like this:

Goatboy patronises and insults me.
I complain.

Elaberate on what exactly I'VE done wrong there, please Hobbo.
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Dark Mark wrote:

> I've dropped the argument.

LOL, looks like it! :-D
Wed 16/10/02 at 14:50
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Okay, to make you feel better, I've banned Goatboy for arguing with
> you, his behaviour admittedly was not acceptable, and the rules are
> the same for everyone.

DM's behaviour is much worse than Goaty's. If fairness should rule then both of them should be banned.
Wed 16/10/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Okay, to make you feel better, I've banned Goatboy for arguing with
> you, his behaviour admittedly was not acceptable, and the rules are
> the same for everyone.

Yea of course. How long until you un-ban him then? 'Cos let's face it.. it'll happen.
Wed 16/10/02 at 14:48
Regular
If the rules are the same for everyone, then surely Dark Mark should go as well...?

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.