GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YOU decide MoJoMan's fate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/10/02 at 22:57
Regular
OK, I decided to empty my bank account into getting a PS2. There's a couple of games that interest me, but it's mostly going to act as a CD and DVD player.

Anyway, as a big (sucking up) thank you to SR, I'm buying from them, and I'm going for the PS2 Firepack, along with MGS2. Anyway, I have £20 going spare, so I'm going to get a budget game too... but I can't for the life of me pick one. Here's the list that SR has, as well as my opinion on them

JAK & DAXTER (PLATINUM). (RATED 96%) Don't like 3D platformers

GRAN TURISMO 3 A-SPEC (PLATINUM) (I-LINK) 90% Don't like racing games (especially the GT series)

WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP (PLATINUM) 9/10 Don't like racing games

WWF SMACKDOWN 3 JUST BRING IT! (PLATINUM) (TAP) Getting SD4 when it comes out, no point in getting this

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT (PLATINUM) (TAP) I hear it's pants, but so far it's looking the most likely candidate. I loved Tekken 2 though

TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 3 (PLATINUM) 96% Number 4 is almost out, and I got VERY bored of #2 after about 10 minutes

RESIDENT EVIL: CODE VERONICA X (PLATINUM) Never been into the Res games

CRASH BANDICOOT 5: WRATH OF CORTEX PLATINUM Don't like 3D platformers

THIS IS FOOTBALL 2002 (PLATINUM) I enjoy the occasional game of Fifa, that's about it as far as football games are concerned

STAR WARS: EPISODE 1: STARFIGHTER (PLATINUM) 9/10 Hear it's pants

SSX (PLATINUM) Not really into snowboarding games

ONIMUSHA: WARLORDS (PLATINUM) No idea what this is about, but isn't there a sequel out?

TIMESPLITTERS (PLATINUM) (TAP) Hear it's good, but not great

CRAZY TAXI (PLATINUM) 8/10 Despite being a racing game, I do like the look of this

RED FACTION (PLATINUM) See Timesplitters comment

MOTO GP (PLATINUM) No

DEAD OR ALIVE 2 (PLATINUM) I hear it's good

FORMULA ONE 2001 (PLATINUM) (SONY / STUDIO 33) 8/10 Only one thing worse than a racing game, and that's an F1 racing game

ONI (PLATINUM) Terrible, played it on the PC

So what is a green monkey with a giant brain to do? I can't afford anything higher than a budget game, it's bad enough I have to go without food all next week at college so I can afford this thing

Tell me your opinions on the games, tell me what I should get, and tell me quick! I'm looking to order within the next day or so, before I spend all the money on cheap booze
Fri 18/10/02 at 16:00
Regular
"..."
:(
Fri 18/10/02 at 15:18
Regular
"That's right!"
They SAID you could save them, but there's no mention of it in the manual or anywhere in the game. Guess it was just one of those things that didn't make it into the game
Fri 18/10/02 at 14:51
Regular
"..."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Indeed I do already own GTA3 on the PC,

It it true you can do action replays on the PC version of GTA3, and save them on your hard drive to e-mail to other people to watch?
Fri 18/10/02 at 14:07
Regular
"That's right!"
Indeed I do already own GTA3 on the PC, and I won't get Vice City on the PS2 because I'd rather wait for the superior PC version

Not that I could afford it anyway. In fact, I've decided even a budget game is too expensive for me, so I'm just going to get MGS2 and play that until SD4 comes out

Hey, I need the money for drinking!
Fri 18/10/02 at 13:44
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Are you Into any games ? Gran Turismo 3 is the right choice or Timesplitters 2, How did Jak And Daxter get 96% that is pants, Mario is Loads better
*Getting It on Sunday*
Fri 18/10/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
well unless you have a seriously decent computer GTA3 will run faster on the Ps2 with little or no slow down. It also tends to be better for going round a m8s house and seeing who can cause the most damage and do insanly stupid stunts (most fun when youve completed it)
Fri 18/10/02 at 12:19
I would have to go for Timesplitters - single player isn't up to much but Multiplayer is great.

Red Faction is good too, Geomod allows you to blow huge chunks out of the scenery and the assault rifle has its own digital round counter that actually works (just like the Marine rifle in Aliens!)

Crazy Taxi is good for a quick fix but lacks any real longevity.

Jak and Daxter looks fantastic, plays fantastic and even if you don't like platform games (like me) it's still fun.

Onimusha is brilliant, but a bit short. Hack and slash an army of zombie ninjas in gorgeous environments

I would have to say, if you have GTA3 on PC, wait for GTA Vice City on PS2.

Yep, definately Timesplitters
Fri 18/10/02 at 10:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
MoJo says he's already got GTA3 for the PC so really there's no point in him getting it for PS2 as well.
Fri 18/10/02 at 10:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
Jak and Daxter or Red Faction if you don't like driving games.

I agree with Darkus though, spend that extra fiver. {:)
Fri 18/10/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
But if you can't afford the extra fiver, go with JAK AND DAXTER.

I hate platformers too, I stated that in my review of the game, but Jak and Daxter sort of redefines the genre in a nice way. It's a surprisingly good game that managed to break me away from my 'platformism'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.