GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poor XBox sales"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/03/02 at 14:35
Regular
Nope not a stupid topic slagging the XBox, this one is serious. Microsofts XBox isn't selling as well as they hoped. Don't believe me then check out

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/24630.html

Who knows what this could mean, maybe an early price drop sooner than we thought or a drop in games prices or maybe it wont change things. I am surprised by this, It is a great console and maybe the small number of games isn't helping things yet. Not sure what effect this will have on the industy as a whole, guess we will just need to wait and see where things go from here, not something Microsoft should ignore anyway.
Fri 05/04/02 at 23:58
Regular
LOL, only 4,000 X-box units shifted in Japan last week. Now that is poor...Even when compared to 25,000 Gamecube units sold.
Tue 02/04/02 at 20:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
jackass wrote:
> Are you crazy xbox sold over 40,000 consoles in the first 3 days just in the U.K
> and you have the nerve to call that a bad launch xbox is much better than the
> rubbish playstation 2 and the stupid little gamecube

Stupid little gamecube indeed, you really are a Jackass.
Tue 02/04/02 at 18:51
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
jackass wrote:
> Are you crazy xbox sold over 40,000 consoles in the first 3 days just in the U.K
> and you have the nerve to call that a bad launch xbox is much better than the
> rubbish playstation 2 and the stupid little gamecube

I see he is being an idiot again, and in defence of PS2 I believe PS2 sold 70,000 consoles in the first three days of release. Now in regards to Gamecube, i'm not sure if it will sell as meny as that but I think it will sell more than the Xbox because of the price and the fact that it's made by Nintendo !
Tue 02/04/02 at 18:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I'm not at all suprised about Japan- those figures have been known for a while. Had it not been for DOA3 on the console as an exclusive, the whole launch would have flopped (there was an almost 1:1 correspondance between Xboxs and DOA3 copies!).

However, in America the Xbox is still outselling the GC in both consoles and games, and in Europe we have yet to hear the figures.

With the US custom alone, MS has enough to carry on for years.
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:35
Are you talking to me?
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:25
Regular
"XBOX RULES!!!"
Are you crazy xbox sold over 40,000 consoles in the first 3 days just in the U.K and you have the nerve to call that a bad launch xbox is much better than the rubbish playstation 2 and the stupid little gamecube
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:11
AliBoy wrote:
> A lot of the resources I have read on the web say that if the XBox dosn't take
> of in Japan a lot of the developers may reduce the number of games they plan to
> release on it (although MS may pay for them to produce more) They also say the
> Japanese aren't buying it because it is an American name. Seems odd to me. I do
> expect things to get better for them though.

Just because they're console flopped, they have to spoil everyone elses fun! :)

Knowing how totally loaded Microsoft are, they'll probably give Japan a little nest-egg and get the sales back up. Bill has money to throw from the roof-tops, so I say that'd be his best option, but whether he cares a damn about X-Box Japan is another story. He'll probably make enough sales from America and the UK alone to get a few mill :) That's not to say that a nice wad of cash from Japan wouldn't be nice.

In other words, it's not in this country, they don't speak this language, and with all due respect to Japan and their people, I don't care. It was a nice tidbit of information though, so don't think I'm slagging you off. As long as Microsoft UK is fine and the X-Box is secure in this country, then we have nothing to worry about, right? Unless the entire world economy crashes and Bill Gates takes over the world!
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:08
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I wanted to say something a little bit woo, a little bit way, and bagger filled the gap nicely.
Tue 02/04/02 at 15:07
"Uzi Lover"
They'll lower the price soon, just you wait...
Tue 02/04/02 at 14:51
Regular
"es argh"
Mr. Happy wrote:
. Unfortunately for Microsoft Nintendo releasing the
> GC at an already reduced price of £150 is going to bagger up their sales.

___

WHA WHA!?!?!

Mr. Happy saying Bagger?

Well I never :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.