GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout2,Need4speed,Timesplitters2, just gets better and better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 11:01
Regular
Well it's started. The run up to Christmas will be full of games as per usual. And the PS2 has already started the ball rolling with Burnout2, TimeSplitters2, and Need4speed in a week or so. This is just the beginning. I thought the PS2 was going to struggle this year - well as the rest of us knew that was just GC and XBOX owners trying to justify their own consoles.
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:08
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Mendax Bartender wrote:
> Burnout 2 is fairly average, Need 4 speed is a bit pants, and I've
> never liked Timesplitters (and won't be buying the sequel), so your
> amazing PS2 lineup just sounds pants.

I take it you haven't played NFS:HP2. The series has never been that good, but this installment is like GTA3 to it's own series of GTA1s. And TimeSplitters 2 is the best FPS on the PS2, IMO. Not as good as Halo, but close enough for me. I've never been a fan of Burnout though.

> And I dare you to compare the amount of playing hours you'll extract
> from those games to the PC titles such as IceWind Dale II and
> Championship Manager 4. There's no comparison really. PC games are
> just incredible value for money, and no console comes close.

GTA3? Pro Evolution? And with a few ports FROM the PC like EverQuest and The Sims, there's enough depth.

> I've no doubt you'll try to quote some new list of exclusive titles,
> but i'll remind you in advance that the PC lineup has more of them,
> along with better value, and greater diversity. Combined with an
> online gaming community that is well established, and not a year away
> in our dreams, if mummy let's us use have a phoneline in our
> bedroom.

The point is, PC gaming is expensive to run properly. It's more online orientated. Console gaming is more multiplayer based, but it also has some of the best one player games like GTA and Mario. I'll give you the list so Dave doesn't have to: Vice City, Pro Evolution 2, Ratchet and Clank, Primal, Sly Cooper, Smackdown 4, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (I think that's PS2 exclusive, anyway). Then there'll be more GTAs, more Gran Turismos and more Final Fantasys.

> Sure, the PS2 is popular, but so were the SpiceGirls, so is Gareth
> Gates, and George W Bush. Being popular doesn't make you any good.

Read my guide to being popular on the forums =D
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:02
"Darkness, always"
Burnout 2 is fairly average, Need 4 speed is a bit pants, and I've never liked Timesplitters (and won't be buying the sequel), so your amazing PS2 lineup just sounds pants.

And I dare you to compare the amount of playing hours you'll extract from those games to the PC titles such as IceWind Dale II and Championship Manager 4. There's no comparison really. PC games are just incredible value for money, and no console comes close.

Meanwhile, GameCube gets titles like Starfox adventures and Mario Party as well as having both Need for speed and Timesplitters, leaving the only listed advantage in your post as being Burnout 2.

Wow. Burnout. What a great exclusive. *cough*

If you're going to try to show up the smaller two consoles by listing games that are available on both your console as well as theirs you will continue to look as stupid as you did in your SUPER FAN BOY days.

I've no doubt you'll try to quote some new list of exclusive titles, but i'll remind you in advance that the PC lineup has more of them, along with better value, and greater diversity. Combined with an online gaming community that is well established, and not a year away in our dreams, if mummy let's us use have a phoneline in our bedroom.

Sure, the PS2 is popular, but so were the SpiceGirls, so is Gareth Gates, and George W Bush. Being popular doesn't make you any good.
Tue 22/10/02 at 12:08
Regular
I agree with you completely, there are loads of great games coming to PS2, but the games you chose there are mostly multiformat. TS2 and Burnout 2 are both out or arriving on GC and X-Box soon, but really thats a good thing. Its nice that other console users get to experience some of the magic that has previously been only on PS2. TimeSplitters multiplayer was fantastic and now everyone gets to have a go!

As for the PS2 line up, there are other games, exclusive to PS2 that consolidate its fine position this Christmas. GTA Vice City is the obvious one, but there are many others like Pro Evo Soccer 2, Ratchet and Clank and more arriving soon and after Christmas as well!
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:01
Regular
Well it's started. The run up to Christmas will be full of games as per usual. And the PS2 has already started the ball rolling with Burnout2, TimeSplitters2, and Need4speed in a week or so. This is just the beginning. I thought the PS2 was going to struggle this year - well as the rest of us knew that was just GC and XBOX owners trying to justify their own consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.