GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout2,Need4speed,Timesplitters2, just gets better and better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 11:01
Regular
Well it's started. The run up to Christmas will be full of games as per usual. And the PS2 has already started the ball rolling with Burnout2, TimeSplitters2, and Need4speed in a week or so. This is just the beginning. I thought the PS2 was going to struggle this year - well as the rest of us knew that was just GC and XBOX owners trying to justify their own consoles.
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:29
Regular
Hewwo :D

(Oh, and to anybody who remembers, this is not another Shedao Shai/ssxpro thing)
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:27
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Hewo!
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:23
Regular
Excellent! A post that says "This is what I`m looking forward to" without adding "which is better than what you are looking forward to".

Good stuff! You`d almost think I knew you or something :D

Hey there F! :D
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:20
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Same with GC!
TS2, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Starfox Adventures, Metroid Prime - aaaaargh!!!!!!!
Then Winds of Takuto!!! (The new Zelda game) *collapses*
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:18
Regular
I know what ya mean about lists being too big! I was very fortunate to win a gameaday prize a while back, so somewhere at home there is a copy of TimeSplitters 2 sat around (or in my brother's PS2), (though I won`t get to use it for a week and a half yet). However, the list of possibilities is still large. I`m considering Vice City, Ratchet and Clank and several others, but I`m not yet sure which ones will win my vote :D
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:16
Regular
GTA: Vice City is on my list - goes without saying really.

The Sims on PS2 is also on there, and the Getaway!
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
ssxpro wrote:
> A friend of mine uses a PC for gaming quite a lot of the time. Every
> so often, you`ll pass by his room, and he`ll be using his PC, by
> himself. He has a great time, and its very enjoyable. However, is that
> as much fun as sitting with the all the rest of us in the house and
> playing multiplayer games? Totally different to internet gaming where
> you have little idea who the "thousands" of opponenets are,
> mostly in that this is fun :D You sit with your friends having a
> really great multiplayer bash, and its unbeatable, no matter how
> powerful the PC is.

heh, heh, that's why I own 2 consoles as well as a PC. I can get heavily engrossed in great single player games on my PC, and I can waste a few hours blowing the crap out of my friends on the consoles. I can't loose either way.

Anyway, back to the point of the original post, yes is allot of great games coming out in time for christmas, perhaps too much. My list of must haves is huges, and I find it hard having to choose one game over the other when I want them all.

I know which game is next on my list though, and no doubt it'll be on every PS2 owners list as well, GTA: Vice City. Only a matter of weeks away now, can't wait.
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:56
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
ssxpro wrote:
> What happened to this topic? There we were, discussing how happy we
> were about the nice games coming out this Christmas, and a load of PC
> users who obviously felt very insecure have crashed the topic :D

lol... now you know how GC and X-Box owners feel :)
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:51
Regular
I did buy a new PC a few years ago, but I just couldn't afford to keep it upto date. I also found issues with drivers that had to be installed which could conflict with other games. Not to mention when the OS got upgraded. Thats why I bought a PS (original shape). Now all I had to do was pick up the game, and stick it in the drive. No need to check the specs on the back cover! In fact, some time later, I sold the computer and didn't have one for a while. I did eventually buy a replacement however - but this time a bought a good 2nd hand machine which was more than good enough for "PC" stuff like internet, word, etc, but not hot enough to run the latest games. I now have a PS2 for games, and I will change the PC out when the last nut & bolt falls out.
Tue 22/10/02 at 14:34
Regular
What happened to this topic? There we were, discussing how happy we were about the nice games coming out this Christmas, and a load of PC users who obviously felt very insecure have crashed the topic :D

What's the matter? No games coming out this Xmas for PC? I guess there must be, and you`re welcome to go and discuss that, elsewhere. For now though, leave Dave RJR and I to discuss our PS2 games.

As the argument of PC vs Consoles has been brought up though, I`d like to mention one thing:

A friend of mine uses a PC for gaming quite a lot of the time. Every so often, you`ll pass by his room, and he`ll be using his PC, by himself. He has a great time, and its very enjoyable. However, is that as much fun as sitting with the all the rest of us in the house and playing multiplayer games? Totally different to internet gaming where you have little idea who the "thousands" of opponenets are, mostly in that this is fun :D You sit with your friends having a really great multiplayer bash, and its unbeatable, no matter how powerful the PC is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.