GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft To Support Xbox 360 For 3 More Years"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/13 at 11:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Details here

Now I'm even less interested in the new one.
Tue 10/09/13 at 09:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
I've had several consoles in my lifetime, now I own none.

I have a smart phone... I use it for phone calls, not gaming. Played "Angry Birds" for almost three hours, gave myself eyestrain, won't be doing it again (perhaps I'm just turning into my dad...).

...And my PC games are "supported" for as long as I decide.
System Shock 2, made in the 90's, still plays on my PC. And, yet, I run Rome 2 at extreme settings...

Oddly, my PC is also quieter than a console. It also looks exactly how I want it to, and when I get bored of it looking like that, I can change it.
Tue 10/09/13 at 08:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
My laptop gives me my PC gaming fix. But that still doesn't stop me wanting a console again. Not a massive fan of Steam, and I find consoles far easier to connect with friends. Plus I like having something separate to go to that I can play games on. My laptop's where I do my work too, so it's not ideal.
Tue 10/09/13 at 07:57
"possibly impossible"
vive la différence, I say.

Over 200 games on steam now, loads on both my PS3 and 360 hard drives. All systems have their pros and cons.
Mon 09/09/13 at 22:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]One word....

COMPUTER

PC gaming has got one thing right, say your mate buys a machine so powerful that all the streetlights in his postcode flicker when he boots it up it....doesn't matter, you can still play him.[/i]

Now let's all repeat ....

COMPUTER
PC GAMING
COMPUTER
PC GAMING
COMPUTER
PC GAMING
GAMING PC COMPUTER
COMPUTER GAMING PC
PC COMPUTER GAMING RULES ....

et pour notre French cousins ...

Gaming ordinateur :¬)
Mon 09/09/13 at 17:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
chasfh wrote:
One word....

COMPUTER

PC gaming has got one thing right, say your mate buys a machine so powerful that all the streetlights in his postcode flicker when he boots it up it....doesn't matter, you can still play him.
Mon 09/09/13 at 17:00
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
One word....

COMPUTER

Nah, you need PC AND at least one console...and a handheld or 2. And maybe a smartphone...oh, and a tablet...
Mon 09/09/13 at 16:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
One acronym.

NHL.

Although sadly, EA isn't releasing an NHL game for next gen until next year so I'll still have to wait!
Mon 09/09/13 at 16:09
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
One word....

COMPUTER
Mon 09/09/13 at 16:04
Regular
"How Ironic"
And miss out on sales? They wouldn't dare. Although I wouldn't put it past Microsoft, it can't be worse than any of the other ideas they've come up so far.

Yeah I've decided that the PS3 is probably just going to feel inferior once people start playing on the PS4, and despite rarely ever being right up to date, I do like to have the latest technology when I do upgrade, so I'm going to wait until after new year when the price might come down a bit.

Having to take the adult route with university coming up, although the £430 in early birthday money isn't making things any easier. Guess I'll have to buy pans and duvets with that instead...
Mon 09/09/13 at 15:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
I think both MS & Sony have missed a major opportunity by not creating any way in which current & next gen users can play against each other. Surely this could have been made possible in some shape or form? Even a separate mode within a game where current gen owners could play against those with super pretty graphics would have been OK, as long as the gameplay remained balanced I reckon it would have worked. I suspect many casual gamers will only look to change once the price of the hardware drops and most of their friends are buying the new machines and for many I suspect that won't be this year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.