GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Afterlife - thoughts?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 21:57
Regular
Before you read this, I warn you that it might seem a little bit weird in places.

I’m not sure if anyone has done this before, or just thinks about this, but do you ever think about what happens when we die? This question has been plaguing my mind for about a year now and I want to share with you what I think is a possibility.

1 – When discussing death with some friends, one of them said it would be just like falling asleep. Not feeling any pain or any difference, but how about this. What if we are all dead already, killed thousands or even millions of years ago and our life as we see it today is just a dream. Our day-to-day life is just one big dream and when we die, a new dream begins.

2 – This thought is a bit like the idea of Pentecost. For the people that don’t know, some religions believe that when you die, before you can go to Heaven, you have to wait in Pentecost. Judging by how well you behaved in life determines how long you have to wait. In my view, I find this quite plausible but then I had another thought. When we die, we are sent to another world. The state of this world is determined by how well you led your life prior to dieing. If you led a good life, being kind to your fellow man, you would be whisked off to your perfect world. A bit like what Legion does with the Red Dwarf crew’s rooms. But if you led a bad life, striving on bringing suffering to your fellow man, you would be sent to a living nightmare.

3 – This idea isn’t really my own, well, it isn’t mine at all. It is based on the brilliant Truman Show. Basically, our life is just on big entertainment programme. Personally, this is one of the worst thoughts I have ever had. The thought of millions and millions of people closely watching and scrutinising my every move is extremely scary to me.

I’ve got a few more thoughts on what the afterlife might be, but the worst one imaginable is if there was no afterlife. Personally, I find it hard to believe that the world would just carry on if I were not here.

Before I add the rest of my ideas, I would like to hear a few of yours.
Thu 28/03/02 at 22:07
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Reincarnation is another scary one. It is one of the most thought provoking as well. Just think, next time you walk down a street and see a woman. This woman could have been your mom in a past life. Someone you loved, shared laughs and grew up with and you just walk past her like she is nobody special.

Quite a scarey thought.
Thu 28/03/02 at 22:00
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I oftenthink about what happens when you die, it also often scares me. What about reincarnation, maybe you die then are suddenly reborn as something else ?
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:57
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Before you read this, I warn you that it might seem a little bit weird in places.

I’m not sure if anyone has done this before, or just thinks about this, but do you ever think about what happens when we die? This question has been plaguing my mind for about a year now and I want to share with you what I think is a possibility.

1 – When discussing death with some friends, one of them said it would be just like falling asleep. Not feeling any pain or any difference, but how about this. What if we are all dead already, killed thousands or even millions of years ago and our life as we see it today is just a dream. Our day-to-day life is just one big dream and when we die, a new dream begins.

2 – This thought is a bit like the idea of Pentecost. For the people that don’t know, some religions believe that when you die, before you can go to Heaven, you have to wait in Pentecost. Judging by how well you behaved in life determines how long you have to wait. In my view, I find this quite plausible but then I had another thought. When we die, we are sent to another world. The state of this world is determined by how well you led your life prior to dieing. If you led a good life, being kind to your fellow man, you would be whisked off to your perfect world. A bit like what Legion does with the Red Dwarf crew’s rooms. But if you led a bad life, striving on bringing suffering to your fellow man, you would be sent to a living nightmare.

3 – This idea isn’t really my own, well, it isn’t mine at all. It is based on the brilliant Truman Show. Basically, our life is just on big entertainment programme. Personally, this is one of the worst thoughts I have ever had. The thought of millions and millions of people closely watching and scrutinising my every move is extremely scary to me.

I’ve got a few more thoughts on what the afterlife might be, but the worst one imaginable is if there was no afterlife. Personally, I find it hard to believe that the world would just carry on if I were not here.

Before I add the rest of my ideas, I would like to hear a few of yours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.