GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Sniper Game Spin-off ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 19:55
Regular
Hey you've probably heard the news that the Sniper in the USA has been caught. It was an ex- special forces guy who served in the gulf and his step son. However, I feel its safe to discuss it without been arrested or Bill gates running me down in his monster truck, so here we go....

Is there an opportunity in the market to make a cross between Silent Scope and GTA3? I know that people have lost their lives to the sniper and I am NOT giving any disrespect to them or anyone effected by that but a game where you take missions and have to eliminate or protect chosen people and then flee without been caught by the police. It would come under the strategy/action umbrella of gaming paradise and I think it would go down a storm. Cant decide on a name though, Grand Snipe Auto?

Views please...
Thu 24/10/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hey you've probably heard the news that the Sniper in the USA has been caught. It was an ex- special forces guy who served in the gulf and his step son. However, I feel its safe to discuss it without been arrested or Bill gates running me down in his monster truck, so here we go....

Is there an opportunity in the market to make a cross between Silent Scope and GTA3? I know that people have lost their lives to the sniper and I am NOT giving any disrespect to them or anyone effected by that but a game where you take missions and have to eliminate or protect chosen people and then flee without been caught by the police. It would come under the strategy/action umbrella of gaming paradise and I think it would go down a storm. Cant decide on a name though, Grand Snipe Auto?

Views please...
Thu 24/10/02 at 19:58
"+ suspicious minds"
you'll probably get loads of stick for this, but why i'm not sure. both the games you mentioned are each about killing/crime, so just because an event like this happening, anyone is horrified by the thought of making a game out of it. why?

although maybe it isn't such a good idea to make a game out of it so soon, the press abuse would be monumental...
Thu 24/10/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Views?

You want me to tell you what I think...

Well... HELL NO FOOL! You really want to re-enact stupid things like this on a videogame? Idiot. Thinking of having a game actually *based* on events like that is sick, and you are even sicker.

Just play GTA VC, that will be enough.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah, I tried to cover myself from gettin a laod of stick from everyone. The thing is, terrible events often bring out the best ideas in people, however any developer would be really criticized for producing a game realted to the recent events, but it could be a good prospect for the future market.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Maybe if the whole event hadn't of happened it could have been a good game. But as the bases for that game has become a sick reality, I don't think many will be putting that game anywhere on their wish list.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:04
"+ suspicious minds"
herculies, i don't really see how this game would be any worse than GTA, provided released a while after the events of october 2nd
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hercules! wrote:
You really want to re-enact stupid things like
> this on a videogame?

No, If you read my original post you will see I didnt say that. I said missions rather than random shooting of civilians. You could shoot drug barons or John Leslie or whoever. I knew I would set myself up for a load of stick with this topic, Sorry that I offended you.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:07
"+ suspicious minds"
what, you mean vigilanty-style sniper? I don't somehow that would work.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Look. The idea of these events being made into a 'game' is just sick. Its not a game killing people and when you have a game that is based on events like you said it would be is terrible.

The events that happened are basically killing people for the fun of it or whatever he was doing it for.

Now you will say something like "Well look at MOH: FL, thats all about killing and is *based* on WW2 (or whatever)" - Well... yes, these events that happened were war though. So its like fighting. It wasnt just for a game as both sides fought eachother over disagreement over something. So, the game came out and I guess it was a chance for people to get back at the enemy or something. Nothing just for the fun of it.

But you thinking of putting this into a game is idiotic. You have a sick mind. You dont actually like what has gone on and what to re-enact this lot... do you?

Jeez.

Now, go to bed and think of what a naughty boy you have been... thinking of such things...

Evil.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Are you opposed to games like "hooligans" where you lead a gang of football hooligans to maim and kill other fans and police then? That happens regularly and someone I know was stabbed by a rival fan. I am NOT stating that a game should be based on what has gone on, perhaps you are illiterate but I have explained a few times! If you dont like my post, stop reading it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.