GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Sniper Game Spin-off ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 19:55
Regular
Hey you've probably heard the news that the Sniper in the USA has been caught. It was an ex- special forces guy who served in the gulf and his step son. However, I feel its safe to discuss it without been arrested or Bill gates running me down in his monster truck, so here we go....

Is there an opportunity in the market to make a cross between Silent Scope and GTA3? I know that people have lost their lives to the sniper and I am NOT giving any disrespect to them or anyone effected by that but a game where you take missions and have to eliminate or protect chosen people and then flee without been caught by the police. It would come under the strategy/action umbrella of gaming paradise and I think it would go down a storm. Cant decide on a name though, Grand Snipe Auto?

Views please...
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:58
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
im pretty sure this has yet to finish. I mean where is the motive?

anyway *yawn*
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hmm..a game where you have to kill or protect people and then escape once you've done......Hitman 2 anybody ?

Of course if you wanted a game where you drive around, park up, shoot someone, then drive on, it'd be exceedingly boring if nothing else...

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:55
nah they wont make a game cuz it would be kinda really sick but im sure they'll make a film of it.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:54
i think that it would be quite a kool game, but they shouldnt bring it out for a couple of years, for obvious reasons...
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:35
Regular
I agree with what you're all saying, the original post was retarded at best. But surely if you think a game actually based on real events is wrong then games like GTA3 that actually promote violence are wrong too? how would you like it if your Mum was mugged then you walk into a shop to see a load of pasty faced simpletons playing computer games, laughing as they mug people and smash their faces in with a baseball bat?
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:29
"+ suspicious minds"
well, okay, he was sorta basing it, but he shouldn't of. I think it would be a good game anyway, what with the latest craze for murderous games
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Wasting away"
You clearly suck.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:24
Regular
"Hmmm....."
He's not basing it on the events but put the title as:

"American Sniper Game Spin-off ?"

Riiiight, whatever you say...

To me, that is basing it on events.

Now, you lot hush and let it drop to the bottom.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:24
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Thanks Boss_Pac_Man, glad I got sum1 to back me up. Cheers
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:20
"+ suspicious minds"
he is not 'basing it on events that happened. he is suggesting a spin-off of silent scope and GTA 3. the incorporation of the october sniper is an unwise one, but you can hardly argue if it's not based on the event, can you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.