GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stronger"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/03/02 at 23:05
Regular
I know I put this in the Life Forum, but not many people go there (and if they do it's usually to talk about football), so I've pasted it in here. Hope that's okay with everyone.

I've noticed something about myself lately. I'm stronger. Not in a physical way (although my muscular form is indeed impressive), I mean inside me. An emotional way.

When I was about 5 or 6 I used to cry at anything. I had an awful teacher at the Infants:

*We walk into school for our second year with her*

Teacher: Just sit down and don't annoy me, I'm already angry that I've got you lot to deal with again this year.

And I think this is where I lost all my confidence. I still struggle today- I'm nervous around girls and new people especially, something I desperately want to get over but just can't.

I'm very sensitive too (that's not in a boastful way). Everytime a hurtful comment is directed at me, I get annoyed and feel humiliated. I don't say anything, I just hold it inside and let myself quietly and slowly burn with rage.

I'm 14 now, and on Tuesday a couple of people said things about me. There's one boy who is a prime member of the 'cool' group in my year, and often I have heard stories of what they get up to during weekends, especially at night. Totally insane. But anyway, there are a few guys of that group I don't mind, and a few I don't like at all, and this guy's one of the latter. Basically, he enjoys insulting the quieter members of the year, pretty much anyone he doesn't know well. In other words, he's a mouthy git.

Anyway, I happen to (grudgingly) sit on his table in my RS lesson, and he asked people for a black pen. He knew most of the people on my table and so when they denied having one, he didn't care. He asked me, and truthfully, I said no. Then, he had the nerve to call me a "dirty little liar." It may not sound like much but this offended me, because I hardly ever lie. Hardly ever, and yet I've heard him lie on numerous occasions! He continued to plague me with stupid insults, and it was a relief when the lesson finally came to an end.

Usually, this would trouble me for at least a couple of days. I'd waste time thinking it over, asking myself if it was true and that I was a nobody. An idiot. I'd get over it of course, but just knowing that a lary piece of crap like him had caused me to worry for a couple of days made me angry. But I could do nothing.

However, it was different this time. I got home and suddenly remembered what he said. And you know what? I didn't care. And I still don't. I'm not sure what has made me realise this, maybe God (no religion arguments please, just my view), but I know that this guy is a nobody. He doesn't like to make people feel good about themselves. And also, he's dumb. Thick. Maybe that's not a nice thing to say, but his attitude towards life certainly won't help him. I'm going to get a decent job when I'm older, I work hard at school (well, to an extent) and I don't want to make people feel like crap. This may sound boastful again, but I think it's true, I'm a better person than he is.

Also that day, a nice looking girl came up to me and said:

"Yagosarner?"

"What?" I replied, confused.

"Yagosarner?"

"Sorry?"

Finally, my friend told me she was asking for a sharpener. I said no, and then she said:

"No, and you haven't got any brains either."

Usually this would've hurt me, but it didn't. I even managed to say a, "yeah, shush," back to her! :D

To be perfectly honest, this girl is a loud-mouthed b***h. In my view, she's not going to lead a happy life is she continues like that. Do I care about what she said? No, because it's a lie. I have brains, probably more than her. And hey, at least I can speak properly!

I'm pleased to be writing about something good that's happened to me, rather than telling a tragic story about girlfriend like last time. I hope you don't think I'm being boastful or out of order, I'd just like to share with you what's happened to me. Maybe these forums have helped me, they allow me to express feelings lime these which I usually would be afraid to let out.

I can't really think of anything more to say, but to thank-you for reading. If you have then I very much appreciate it, because it means you took a few minutes out of your precious lives to read something written by me.

Thanks for reading, Ant.

PS-For those of you know me well, I hope that you're interested in reading my full MGS2 review which will be up in FOG Prime at some point during the next week. Strange how a mere video game can mean so much to me. I know most of you won't care, but a few will know that I've been bantering on about MGS2 since I finished MGS, and so I hope they will want to read my final thoughts on something I'm so passionate about.
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
I know I put this in the Life Forum, but not many people go there (and if they do it's usually to talk about football), so I've pasted it in here. Hope that's okay with everyone.

I've noticed something about myself lately. I'm stronger. Not in a physical way (although my muscular form is indeed impressive), I mean inside me. An emotional way.

When I was about 5 or 6 I used to cry at anything. I had an awful teacher at the Infants:

*We walk into school for our second year with her*

Teacher: Just sit down and don't annoy me, I'm already angry that I've got you lot to deal with again this year.

And I think this is where I lost all my confidence. I still struggle today- I'm nervous around girls and new people especially, something I desperately want to get over but just can't.

I'm very sensitive too (that's not in a boastful way). Everytime a hurtful comment is directed at me, I get annoyed and feel humiliated. I don't say anything, I just hold it inside and let myself quietly and slowly burn with rage.

I'm 14 now, and on Tuesday a couple of people said things about me. There's one boy who is a prime member of the 'cool' group in my year, and often I have heard stories of what they get up to during weekends, especially at night. Totally insane. But anyway, there are a few guys of that group I don't mind, and a few I don't like at all, and this guy's one of the latter. Basically, he enjoys insulting the quieter members of the year, pretty much anyone he doesn't know well. In other words, he's a mouthy git.

Anyway, I happen to (grudgingly) sit on his table in my RS lesson, and he asked people for a black pen. He knew most of the people on my table and so when they denied having one, he didn't care. He asked me, and truthfully, I said no. Then, he had the nerve to call me a "dirty little liar." It may not sound like much but this offended me, because I hardly ever lie. Hardly ever, and yet I've heard him lie on numerous occasions! He continued to plague me with stupid insults, and it was a relief when the lesson finally came to an end.

Usually, this would trouble me for at least a couple of days. I'd waste time thinking it over, asking myself if it was true and that I was a nobody. An idiot. I'd get over it of course, but just knowing that a lary piece of crap like him had caused me to worry for a couple of days made me angry. But I could do nothing.

However, it was different this time. I got home and suddenly remembered what he said. And you know what? I didn't care. And I still don't. I'm not sure what has made me realise this, maybe God (no religion arguments please, just my view), but I know that this guy is a nobody. He doesn't like to make people feel good about themselves. And also, he's dumb. Thick. Maybe that's not a nice thing to say, but his attitude towards life certainly won't help him. I'm going to get a decent job when I'm older, I work hard at school (well, to an extent) and I don't want to make people feel like crap. This may sound boastful again, but I think it's true, I'm a better person than he is.

Also that day, a nice looking girl came up to me and said:

"Yagosarner?"

"What?" I replied, confused.

"Yagosarner?"

"Sorry?"

Finally, my friend told me she was asking for a sharpener. I said no, and then she said:

"No, and you haven't got any brains either."

Usually this would've hurt me, but it didn't. I even managed to say a, "yeah, shush," back to her! :D

To be perfectly honest, this girl is a loud-mouthed b***h. In my view, she's not going to lead a happy life is she continues like that. Do I care about what she said? No, because it's a lie. I have brains, probably more than her. And hey, at least I can speak properly!

I'm pleased to be writing about something good that's happened to me, rather than telling a tragic story about girlfriend like last time. I hope you don't think I'm being boastful or out of order, I'd just like to share with you what's happened to me. Maybe these forums have helped me, they allow me to express feelings lime these which I usually would be afraid to let out.

I can't really think of anything more to say, but to thank-you for reading. If you have then I very much appreciate it, because it means you took a few minutes out of your precious lives to read something written by me.

Thanks for reading, Ant.

PS-For those of you know me well, I hope that you're interested in reading my full MGS2 review which will be up in FOG Prime at some point during the next week. Strange how a mere video game can mean so much to me. I know most of you won't care, but a few will know that I've been bantering on about MGS2 since I finished MGS, and so I hope they will want to read my final thoughts on something I'm so passionate about.
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:18
Regular
"es argh"
Yeah, that can be very annoying. but just look at their reseme

I can smoke A LOT

I can drink 3 pints of beer in 10 minutes

I can sit around looking out of the window for 5 hours straight.

I live on the streets

My dad once gave me some very good advice, (about women and life) that I'll never forget

''It's not the size of the dick that matters, it's the size of the wallet''

That usually cheers me up
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:26
Regular
nice post ANt and i actually read it all.

I moed to leicester last year and didnt know what to think about it but on my first day i got to meet loads of people there and now i go out most nights (before or after i come on here for a bit) which is cool, i have heard many stories about how bad my mates are I.E suspensions and stuff like that but my mum said "if you are working then it dont care who your friends are" which is nice, most of my friends smoke and get suspended alot but i have never smoked or got suspended which i think is good, but they get in to trouble because of their reputation which i think is unfair.
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:28
Regular
"That's right!"
"Yagosarner?"

How the HECK is that "have you got a sharpener?" ???

No wonder you didn't have a clue what she was saying!
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:33
Regular
Ya Go sarner if read it could be seen as Ya = you, go = got
sarner = sharpner but you ahve to spent hours thinking about it
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Kid Rock wrote:
Ya Go sarner if read it could be seen as Ya = you, go = got sarner = sharpner

----------

Are you being serious?
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:08
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Kid Rock wrote:
Ya Go sarner if read it could be seen as Ya = you, go = got
> sarner = sharpner

----------

Are you being serious?

must just be down with all my mates here
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:16
Regular
Nice post :-)
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:18
Regular
it must have taken some guts to write that, just like edgy when he wrote his
Mon 25/03/02 at 00:30
hmmm interesting post although i'm puzzled of the point in posting it on a chat site about games and the like. Not being incensitive or anything but what do you want? a medal? everyone has to deal with insults and things and if we all wrote them down here the site would be packed.

sorry if it sounded harsh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.