GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS and GC are they getting a raw deal?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 12:45
Regular
As a PS2 owner I can't help but chuckle at the problem Gamecube and Xbox owners face.

There systems software more often than not are just cheap ports of PS2 games and a way of making some easily money for developers without the effort. Need for Speed is an obvious example of this while the PS2 version runs at a really fast pace the Gamecube version is hysterically slow not much good having a smart looking racer that move like a lada. The Xbox version granted is better, but still not as good as the PS2 version why is this because the game has obviously been optimised for the PS2 first and then ported over.

People that say PS2 is dead need to get there head out of the sand from what I can see there would be no reason to buy a GC or Xbox on this evidence as you pay more for clone or inferior product. That is why the PS2 continues to sell as many as Xbox and GC put together.
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:32
"Darkness, always"
Top score wrote:
> What you have to understand Tiltawhirl is that the games Xbox and GC
> get are secondhand and that all PS2 owners have played them already

Please tell me how many people have played games like Luigi's Mansion, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Pikmin, Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros, Wave Race, Mario Sunshine, Doshin, etc. on their PS2.

In fact don't tell me, because I already know the answer. None, you ignorant little fart.

Now go chew some razor blades.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Remember me?"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Dark Mark wrote:
> Dolt: (noun) stupid person.
>
>
> Well then I'm a Dolt.

That's a shame, because it makes you similar to Top Score... which really is depressing. Ah well, never mind. I'm sure he's good at something... like... making.... gurgling and rasping noises while eating Ready Brek.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:56
"Uzi Lover"
Dark Mark wrote:
> Dolt: (noun) stupid person.

Well then I'm a Dolt.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:51
Regular
"Remember me?"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> What's a dolt?

Dolt: (noun) stupid person.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:47
"Uzi Lover"
What's a dolt?
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Top score wrote:
> As for the rubbish list of games you rattled out lets examine.
>
> Mario Sunshine (N64 unoriginal rip-off)
> Zelda (as above)

Both of these games had / will have many new innovative features, and if they are so criminally similar to their predocessors, it's because the original formulae were popular and it would be foolish to change what the gamers are used to.

> Starfox (which console will the sequel be coming out on)

Gamecube, because Nintendo own Starfox, you dolt!

> Resident Evil 0 (oh dear a rehashed ps1 game)

No. Resi 0 is a NEW Resi game. Do your research before you shout your mouth off, you dolt!

> Waverace (don't make me laugh)

Are you laughing because - in terms of water effects - the PS2 can only just about manage wobbly blue jelly? Or are you laughing and crying at the same time because you just realised that I'm proving you wrong on every point you've made?

> Pikim (lemmings rip off)

First of all, it's Pikmin. And secondly, it's completely different to Lemmings. In Lemmings, you had practically no control over what they did, whereas in Pikmin you actually command teams of them to carry out tasks, rather then just click on Lemming and watch him do something for 10 minutes flat.

> Wrestling (everyone know smackdown rules)

Everyone, as in you?

> Super Monkey ball (the monkeys are the people that bough it)

If you actually played the game, you'd realise just how original, innovative and addictive it really is... instead of shouting your mouth off about things you don't understand.

> Super Mario Melee (another N64 rip off)

Technically, it's only a rip-off if another company does a game similar to the original one, which isn't what's happened here. Nintendo and HAL Laboratories made the N64 Smash Bros game, and they made the Gamecube one, too. And it's Super Smash Bros Melee... you dolt!

> I thought Ninty was supposed to make original games.

And I thought the PS2 was the console for more "mature" gamers, but you've just gone and proved that this definately is NOT the case.

One last thing:

You're. A. Dolt.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:00
Regular
da_1_n_only

If you actually bothered to read the posts you would know that I was asked about 1st party games and not 3rd party games which is what makes up 1/2 of your list.

I could go on about PS2 3rd party support GTA, MGS, Tomb Raider, Toca, Lord of the Rings, The Sims, but then we have had this debate before and you will only get jealous.

As for the rubbish list of games you rattled out lets examine.

Mario Sunshine (N64 unoriginal rip-off)
Zelda (as above)
Starfox (which console will the sequel be coming out on)
Resident Evil 0 (oh dear a rehashed ps1 game)
Waverace (don't make me laugh)
Pikim (lemmings rip off)
Wrestling (everyone know smackdown rules)
Super Monkey ball (the monkeys are the people that bough it)
Super Mario Melee (another N64 rip off)

I thought Ninty was supposed to make original games.

As for PS2 being dead Need for Speed PS2 leaves the GC version for dead in terms of gameplay speed the GC version is not even on the same lap.
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:42
Regular
Like buying a Vectra, and defending your choice by saying its got indicators that get louder the faster you go.
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:41
Regular
Strange how most of the buying public dont see it like that, isnt it?
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:38
"+ suspicious minds"
well said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.