GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manchester United to Win It"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/07 at 17:05
"keep a rockin'"
Although a recent loss to Bolton Wanderers. I still think the outstanding and exceptional team of manchester united are set to win the premiership this season for a few reasons.......

They seem to always do a bit here and there to achive there aims and goals. Although sometimes they are getting beat they always seem to pull a draw or a win from a game that is almost set to be an upset for the red devils.....

They have a huge amount of determination what is needed in a team. Sometimes manchester are not performing at there best and seem to have off days but they make up for it in fight and will to win the ball with their personal qualities...

And very importantly...The players. Manchester have an outstanding array of players who are of top quality who are ready to do battle with any team that comes against them.

Even though they trail Arsenal by three points i believe that manchester will pull through champions and be league title winners yet again.
Mon 10/12/07 at 19:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I dont like the renaming and it's going to be difficult to refer to in the future. Example, the old division 4 was division 3 for 14 years, now it's division 2.
Money doesnt always buy you out of trouble, you only need to look at Spurs under Jol this season. Just wait until Ferguson is gone and see how they go. It'll only take missing out on the champions league for the share price to start falling and once that starts, the investors wont be so keen to plough money into the club.
Mon 10/12/07 at 19:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Teams can go down the divisions spectacularly, I mean, look at Leeds. I wouldn't think it'd be at all likely for Man Utd though; basically, the money's there for them to essentially buy themselves out of trouble.

Of course, it was a different game when they were relegated to what was then the Second Division in the mid-70s.

(And in terms of "What was then", I still seem to refer to Championship teams as "First Division" teams. Still reckon it's a stupid name...)
Thu 06/12/07 at 23:14
"keep a rockin'"
you two are perfect for each other =D
Tue 04/12/07 at 17:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nin wrote:
> Well at least you can admit it. Respect +1
> There is a dignity in supporting a club thats not winning. We
> stick with them despite it. I'd love to see how much of a
> fanbase Man U have when they eventually end up in the
> championship, and it will happen eventually, even if it takes 20
> years. I eagerly await that day.

I just find it amusing how you think you're a better fan just because you're supporting a team that isn't winning trophies (or at least that's how it comes off to me) Everyone that's a United fan is a gloryhunter blah blah blah, strange how i wasn't cheering on the scummy A**e or the Moneybag communists when they were winning the league. Strange how Old Trafford was still full during those times as well (with the best fans in the world apparently seeing as they have to come up from Surrey, Cornwall, Ireland etc etc yawn yawn)

And if United get relegated in the next 20 years i'll put on a Red Sox jersey and proclaim them to be the best team in the land, and there's more chance of that than United going down. Now your lot? I hope you enjoy your derbies down in the Championship in a few years, though maybe Keano will keep Sunderland up :-D

> Not everyone can win. The day will come when Man Ure will be
> called losers but they wont be good losers like the rest of us.

This is always a sticking point with me as i hate it, probably as like i said before i have a competitive nature and i wasn't brought up in the cushy atmosphere of "it's not if you win or lose" tosh. You should never be happy to lose and you should never accept it. That's what separates winners from losers in the end, those who are never happy unless they are winning, and even then not getting complacent and always looking to improve.
Tue 04/12/07 at 17:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> A team with a cabinet full of silverware :-D

If i wanted that i'd support Chelsea but silverware is just a bonus.

> I could support Man U if i had no morals, liked
> arrogant divers, poor losers and angry little men with red
> noses.
>
> Well they're only poor losers because they're not used to it
> unlike your mob who get to experience it each week usually.

Well at least you can admit it. Respect +1
There is a dignity in supporting a club thats not winning. We stick with them despite it. I'd love to see how much of a fanbase Man U have when they eventually end up in the championship, and it will happen eventually, even if it takes 20 years. I eagerly await that day.

> Like the old saying goes anyway, show me a good loser and i'll
> show you a loser.

Not everyone can win. The day will come when Man Ure will be called losers but they wont be good losers like the rest of us.

> Nice and original

The old ones are the best
Tue 04/12/07 at 16:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nin wrote:
> For me to be jealous you'd have to have something that's not
> available to me.

A team with a cabinet full of silverware :-D

> I could support Man U if i had no morals, liked
> arrogant divers, poor losers and angry little men with red
> noses.

Well they're only poor losers because they're not used to it unlike your mob who get to experience it each week usually.

Like the old saying goes anyway, show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser.

> You're just a dirty gloryhunting yank. I'm suprised you even
> watch sports without padding! ;)

Nice and original
Tue 04/12/07 at 16:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
For me to be jealous you'd have to have something that's not available to me. I could support Man U if i had no morals, liked arrogant divers, poor losers and angry little men with red noses.
You're just a dirty gloryhunting yank. I'm suprised you even watch sports without padding! ;)
Tue 04/12/07 at 16:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
sad, sad people :-) Jealousy is a terrible thing
Tue 04/12/07 at 16:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm glad to see i'm not the only one
Sorry for linking to The Scum (We 'ate it!). I feel like i need a shower now.
Mon 03/12/07 at 20:35
"keep a rockin'"
I wouldn't feel to confident about them beating arsenal to be honest !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.