GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Herc, AJ, other Smackdown! fans, in here..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/11/02 at 07:23
Regular
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? (remove space) subsectionid=158&articleid=64560&pagetype=2

Smackdown 5 - online.

That. Would. Rule.

Do you think that this is the only way the SD series can progress, or do you think there is still room for improvement as it is?
Thu 14/11/02 at 18:46
Regular
If they're only 60% through, then why release it now? I'd rather wait and get it when they're finished with 100% of their plans implemented, rather than have to shell out another £40 in another years time...

Guess we'll find out tomorrow...
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:07
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Have to disagree with some of you here. SD 4 IS a massive leap from Smackdown JBI. Just because the engine is the same and it seems all rather unchanged to the naked eye, doesnt mean it hasnt done anything radically different. Animations are fantastic, the wrestler roster is spot on and everything is just great. I am sure that people who played the game at the Playstation EXperience will agree with me. And I also think that Yukes are only about 60% or so through their plans. There is so much more you can do with the series. And going online is really the next logical step for them. But think of all the other things possible-More Create-a...modes, refined season mode-I still think SD4's mode will have faults in it even though I am going to make a propetr judgement on Friday when I get the game.Anyway, I may be biased cause I love wrestling but nevertheless lets take one step at a time and see how well SD4 does, first eh :)
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:20
Regular
Smackdown is only good if you like wrestling, as a beat em up it's a little too cinematic.
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:06
Regular
Its out in 4 days?!

Damn, Vice City is making me forget things.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:29
Regular
Maybe they'll send you an extra one...

;-D
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Hmmm....."
And I better get my copy from SR on Friday... or else... i'll cry...
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Only 4 days now until SD4, which is well cool. Time has flown!

And we're talking about SD5. :-D
Mon 11/11/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Dudes, SD4 will be much better than all the others by far.

For me, the most important thing in these wrestling games is the interaction. Like getting weapons and being the innovator of offence yourself. SD4 looks like its doing that for me...

Just look at all the interaction you can do. Stacking tables/ladders in the corner, hanging from the belts, moves with weapons, controlling your partner for double team moves, climbing the titantron, backstage areas with loads of interactive stuff, throwing snowballs at your opponent :-D

I dont really like the idea of SD5... or even the online thing. Wrestling online doesnt sound so fun and I dont really want to see another SD engine. SD3 probably put me off wrestling against anyone else other than the CPU because it was just reversal after reversal... but the SD4 reversal system looks better so im not sure.

I want 'Kings of the Collesium' or a proper PS2 'Fire Pro Wrestling' game.

Cant wait for SD4 though, that will definately rule.

:-)
Mon 11/11/02 at 16:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh. Dear. God.

*Wets self*

Ahem. :-)
Mon 11/11/02 at 14:24
Regular
I'm really not to bothered about looks, instead I want stuff like realistic sounds for weapon shots, MUCH better commentary that reacts to what you are doing on screen, and better collision detection.

I hope SD4 delivers it, but I'm afraid it won't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.