GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question - please humour me."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/11/02 at 17:21
Regular
I don't come to this forum often. Indeed, i don't own a PS2, nor a PSONE, or any other Sony product. I therefore have little need to be here.

But, being in the FOG chat forum, idiot fanboys such as Dave RJR continually spout rubbish on why he thinks the PS2 is the best console in the history of the universe. Yet, on my experiences of having come here, I have witnessed the following:

Everyone reveres GTA3
Everyone still reveres GTA3
People buy FFX
People quickly get bemused with FFX
Everyone reveres GTA3
Everyone gets excited by GTA:VC
Everyone reveres GTA:VC

Is there a trend here? For all the hype, it seems that PS2 owners lack variety. The games are certainly available, but your "must buy" games list appears thin, and the only REAL "must have" games are those two that make me physically ill.

Please tell me you people have something more to go on than a couple of titles that have been available almost since launch, and a few updates that have become available for them.
Thu 14/11/02 at 11:27
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I didn't realise this guy had made similar posts before. So he really is a troll.

Please let this thread die, as he has now started talking about how 'babyfaced' he is.
Thu 14/11/02 at 10:50
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Your presumptions are making you look incredibly stupid in my eyes.
>
> How many hours of gameplay do you think I've had on the PS2? And when
> have I seriously stated that i hated the PS2? Never. Because I have
> nothing against it, it's just not for me. The games don't suit. If
> they did, I'd own a PS2, rather than a cube.

I never said you did hate it, now who's not reading posts properly. Shot with your own gun you pathetic loser.

> I didn't reply to your post "properly" because it didn't
> deserve a proper answer. You're not interested in listening to what I
> have to say, you're not interested in noticing the original point of
> this thread, you're only interested in venting some frustration beyond
> anythng I've done to you.

I read every word of your posts properly, which is more than can be said for you, as proved by your last sentence. And the reason I argue is, as I mentioned in my last post (which you obviously didn't read properly): my intention is to point out to you what an arrogant, narrow-minded and false-opinionated brat you are.

> Don't vent your insignificant frustrations on me. Why? Because I don't
> care. I don't care about you, I don't care about your underlying
> issues, and I don't care about PS2 games which I do not like, but you
> do.

Shall I let you into something? I have never played a PS2 game in my entire life.
In my arguments I have not given my opinion of PS2 games, I have just been saying that you should'nt either if you don't own one.
So once again you have not been reading posts properly; what a total and utter hypocrite you are.

> What I do get irritated about is your continued refusal to read a
> single one of my posts properly. If you aren't going to give them the
> proper attention they warrant, don't bother reading them at all,
> certainly, don't bane these forums with your stupendously ignorant
> retorts.

LOL!! read the rest of my post.
And as to insults, I can do them too. You myopic, obstreperous, incorrigible recidivist you. Or something like that. :-)

> Either shut up, or learn to absorb reading material in the correct
> manner. Until I see a change in your efforts, I will not bother to
> deem anything you post worthy of a reply.

You know what, apply that counsel to yourself before trying to shove it upon me huh?
Ever hear the illustration of the rafter and the straw? Well think about it. Before you bubble over with pathetic fury and type another poetic dismissal of me, just do this. Put yourself in someone elses shoes, and read these posts again. You'll see a big difference.

Now start practicing what you preach and so before blasting me with it.

Loser!! :-p
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:00
"Darkness, always"
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> You said you are looking forward to IceWind Dale 2. Now I must admit I
> don’t really keep up to date with UK release schedules these days as
> virtually all of my games are from the US/Japan, but I was under the
> impression that it was already out here in old blighty. I’ve had a US
> version for a month or so now and must say it’s excellent, even better
> than the original, which was also top notch. Have you got IC2 and what
> do you think.

It is? I haven't seen it anywhere. I know it's available on IRC to download if I want to wait 3 days queuing for it, but I assumed that would be the US version.

> Finally, how old are you? The reason I ask?

I'm 23.

> Well you say you own(ed) an Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 and I was
> wondering if you had these from new when they were released, or have
> you just played them after the event so you can see what was ‘cutting
> edge’ a few years back.

Both the Commodore and Atari 2600, while not new, were played in their time, rather than in retrospect.

> Oh, and just for the record, there is no hidden context to this final
> question, I am just intrigued as you don’t look old enough to have
> been playing games when the Atari 2600 (or C64 for that matter) was
> released. Or maybe the images I have seen of you don’t do your (old)
> age justice.

I'm babyfaced, it's true. I keep my hair short because when it gets longer, it takes another 3 years off me, and I can't buy alcohol without ID.
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:58
"You love us!"
Hmm, I find you strangely humorous Insane Bartender. I have no idea why, but I have taken a liking to your well-constructed prose and find them rather funny, in there own unique way.

Anyway, onto my question…

You said you are looking forward to IceWind Dale 2. Now I must admit I don’t really keep up to date with UK release schedules these days as virtually all of my games are from the US/Japan, but I was under the impression that it was already out here in old blighty. I’ve had a US version for a month or so now and must say it’s excellent, even better than the original, which was also top notch. Have you got IC2 and what do you think.

Hmm, and as a side note, IceWind Dale 1/2, BG1/2 and Planescape Torment are by far in a way the best RPG games ever created in the modern era of computer/video games. I like FF and the other console RPGs as much as the next man, but they cannot compare to the above-mentioned PC RPGs, in terms of story and depth. Which is, after all, the main crux of an RPG – and not flash visuals.

I’m not going to even comment on the ensuing argument that has taken place in this topic as I own (and enjoy) all of my consoles (Xbox, PS2, PS1, N64, GC, GBA, DC and SNES) and my PC for different reasons.

Finally, how old are you? The reason I ask?

Well you say you own(ed) an Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 and I was wondering if you had these from new when they were released, or have you just played them after the event so you can see what was ‘cutting edge’ a few years back.
Oh, and just for the record, there is no hidden context to this final question, I am just intrigued as you don’t look old enough to have been playing games when the Atari 2600 (or C64 for that matter) was released. Or maybe the images I have seen of you don’t do your (old) age justice.
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:45
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> I said that you needed a decent playing experience of many PS2 games
> to have an informed opinion. Try reading my last big post to figure
> that out. Why didn't you reply to it properly? It couldn't be
> because you are being *gasp* beaten in a verbal fight?

Your presumptions are making you look incredibly stupid in my eyes.

How many hours of gameplay do you think I've had on the PS2? And when have I seriously stated that i hated the PS2? Never. Because I have nothing against it, it's just not for me. The games don't suit. If they did, I'd own a PS2, rather than a cube.

I didn't reply to your post "properly" because it didn't deserve a proper answer. You're not interested in listening to what I have to say, you're not interested in noticing the original point of this thread, you're only interested in venting some frustration beyond anythng I've done to you.

Don't vent your insignificant frustrations on me. Why? Because I don't care. I don't care about you, I don't care about your underlying issues, and I don't care about PS2 games which I do not like, but you do.

What I do get irritated about is your continued refusal to read a single one of my posts properly. If you aren't going to give them the proper attention they warrant, don't bother reading them at all, certainly, don't bane these forums with your stupendously ignorant retorts.

Either shut up, or learn to absorb reading material in the correct manner. Until I see a change in your efforts, I will not bother to deem anything you post worthy of a reply.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Hobbo, I'm sick of your misguided stupidity. I have to own a PS2 to
> decide whether or not it's any good?
> your dull ignorance in contempt.

I said that you needed a decent playing experience of many PS2 games to have an informed opinion. Try reading my last big post to figure that out. Why didn't you reply to it properly? It couldn't be because you are being *gasp* beaten in a verbal fight?
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:23
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> I think I've had enough of this.

That's right, run when things aren't going your way.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:16
"Darkness, always"
Hobbo, I'm sick of your misguided stupidity. I have to own a PS2 to decide whether or not it's any good?

God help you when it comes to buying a house.

I'm holding your dull ignorance in contempt.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:12
"Darkness, always"
No, clearly i'm trying to instigate a riot.

PS2 sucks hogballs. FEAR the nintendo revolooshunnn.

I think I've had enough of this.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> As stated, I've tried plenty.

Since you don't have a PS2, then I'm sure you don't spend every evening at the local Virgin Megastores having a pop at the latest PS2 title.

> 1) the best FF games are years old now
> 2) FF is far and away NOT the best example of an RPG. It doesn't even
> compare to the likes of Baldur's Gate - a true RPG.

Opinion, opinions!
It certainly does compare to the likes of Baldurs, and even surpasses it in terms of storyline and various opther features. That said I do agree that Baldurs Gate is an extremely good game.

> As stated before, I have tried plenty. Try reading, you fool.

I mean try as in play them properly, not a 5 minute blast at a mates house.

> I doubt it's convinced you of anything, since you are only interested
> in rousing my anger, rather than listening to anything I say.

Nope, my intention is to point out to you what an arrogant, narrow-minded and false-opinionated brat you are.

> People don't need to state their intentions for them to be known to
> me. It's quite plain that I'm viewed as the close-minded, ignorant
> critic, who puts down anything not within his sphere of
> responsibility. This view is so wrong it would be comical, were it not
> for the fact that I have stated several times, dozens perhaps over the
> last months, that I have played PS2 games, and never enjoyed them.

Play them properly, not a 5 minute blast at a mates house.
I fail to believe that with such disdain for the PS2 you manage to play many titles. If you hated it then you wouldn't play on it. Even my baby sister would understand that logic. So you've just dug yourself into a nice litle hole with spikes at the botom.

> Knowing several people who do is enough. Do I have to own a PS2 to
> play the games? Do I? Ignorant muppet.

Knowing people who have is certainly not enough. I know someone who thought that Half-life was a load of rubbish for goodness sake. Knowing other people's opinions do not give you the right to criticize the PS2. Fool!!

> I didn't dump "the opinion" on the forums, I asked a simple
> question, it got answered, and I was ready to leave the thread to fall
> before the fanboys decided to have their say.

Aw, IB got provoked did he? Well here's a correction; You certainly did dump your opinion on the forums, whether it was provoked by the 'fanboys' or not makes litle difference.

> Your post is another magnificent example of you deciding to take a
> fight to me for no reason other than to waste your own time. To be
> quite frank, I find it irritating.

No, actually as I said before it is to show up the sort of person you are, alongside proving you wrong of course.

> And i doubt it will come as a surprise to you that I don't consider
> anyone on these forums "a friend". Perhaps my definition
> differs from yours. Goatboy isn't my friend. Nor are you, nor is
> cipro, nor are belldandy, fuzzy, wookie, ortega, rosalind, monkey man,
> grix, meka or anyone else I deal with on here.

Poor litle IB is entirely friendless, and girlfriendless I wouldn't be surprised; who could live that all day? I pity your family, or have they committed suicide to free themselves from you already?

> I don't come here to make people like me in a sad effort to bump my
> own self esteem.

No?
Well then it's because you need more people to hate you. Dr Evil stylee.

I didn't say that you came here to make friends, I said that you simply aren't making any. I don't care whether youy care or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.