GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Quest - Turn 7 (New spell, Ambaria diseased, Elves gone)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/08/06 at 12:32
Regular
Turn 1 Results
Turn 2 Results
Turn 3 Results
Turn 4 Results
Turn 5 Results
Turn 6 Results
Turn 7 Results

----

About 10 years ago I was introduced to a game called Quest. It's an RPG PBM (that's Play-By-Mail), you would create this party of 6 characters and venture around this world doing the usual RPG stuff. To play the game you had to post orders on what you wanted your party to do. It involved using letters and numbers so it looked a bit confusing (ex. M 3334). After they received your orders and processed it, they would send you the results of what happened and then you would send in more orders.

It was fun, I enjoyed it. Made a few friends and at one time use to get 15 letters a day. I think I might have been geekier than Rosalind back then (don't worry she wont read this heh) This was before everyone had the internet and mobile phones were still brickish.

I eventually tired of the game and by that I mean I just couldnt afford it. £2.something per turn was just too much. They've moved onto the internet now so turns are processed by email and so everything is a lot quicker than it use to be.

Well anyway, my reason for starting this thread and telling you about all this is because they offer a free demo. That's 20 free turns to play with. So I thought "what the hell" and so I'm now setting up a party for you guys on Freeola :) I'll sort out all the orders and results etc, you guys just create the characters, help decide some orders and enjoy reading what happens :D

----

Okay first we need 6 characters, I'll take one, pb and Kawada you two are playing too :), so that leaves 3 characters left. I didn't want to force anyone else to play so if you would like to join please do. Little effort or time is needed so come on. :) if no one else joins I'll just pick some people and use their names anyway heh.

If you would like to play and Kawada and pb you'll have to do this too. Could you please do the following;

1. [B]Name your character[/B] (you could use your username)
2. Choose a race for your character
3. Choose a class for your character

Unfortunately we can only have 1 of each, so no 2 human fighters etc.

Suggestions : I can't remember everything but what I can recall was that it's best to only have 1 thief and halfbloods make the best ones. Dwarfs are good fighters, elves are good mages, you get the idea. Just be whoever or whatever you want really :)

I'll post a description about each race and class so you can decide.

----

[B][U]Party Name[/U][/B] : Ivalice Force

1. Prime Halfblood Fighter (Machie)
2. Boulder / Dwarf Fighter (pb)
3. Robin Human Thief (Kawada)
4. Echo / Elf Priest (Vexxxed)
5. Ambaria Narseek / Elf Mage (snake11)
6. Dead Spiders / Human Priest (Mumbai Duck)
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:59
Regular
Oops sorry there you go :)

And yes you got cancer from the Giant Rat lol sorry about that.
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:49
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Ummm machie, the links for turn 6 and 7 are the same.
Thu 10/08/06 at 10:44
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
So what you're saying is, I got cancer......so you could kill a rat......:D
Thu 10/08/06 at 00:29
Regular
Another round of training, several more people increased their skills and this time I had Prime teach Dead Spiders (as his skill was higher) and it worked. Though you only went up by 2 and it cost you 100xp :( Robin has gone up 3 skill which is good. Boulder is still stuck, I think he needs some real training in the towns or cities.

Congrats Snake you got a new spell, now you're our treasure hunter :)

Looks like on our way to the Elves we came across a big rat. And oh dear Snake you got diseased :/ We'll have to get Dead Spiders to use Baldor's Touch on you to get rid of it otherwise you'll get weaker. Atleast we killed the rat :)

Well we found the Elves unfortunately it seems they're far more powerful than we imagined. Reading the info on them I think we might have been slaughtered hehe.

Okay how about the 8 hobgodlins? Okay they outnumber us but they certainly wont be as powerful as the Elves. We might have a big fight. The Imps will be taken out easily and hopefully Ambaria Narseek can finally get a kill :D

Oh and we'll have to try his new spell too, see if we can find some more treasure.
Wed 09/08/06 at 23:07
Regular
Okay there really wasn't much I could do so I had us practice our weapons, I think 4 of you have gained more skill using their weapon, 2 more kills this result, sorry Snake you're now the only one without any :( but dont worry I have a feeling you will soon.

Nice one Kawada, killing a poor innocent baby wolf cub, you heartless git :P trust you to go for the weakest.

Not sure why they ran away, I guess 6 on 3 was too much for them. However take a look at the group not far from us :D shall we attack them? It could be dangerous but we outnumber them and if we get some good spells in we could win this.
Wed 09/08/06 at 22:16
Regular
snake11 wrote:
> Yeah! I got to the killin'! *Punches the air*
> Thanks Kawada, for the toungesauce.....whatever that is.:D

We'll find out :D I just entered in 2 orders for you to practice using them, you might be able to use new spells. hopefully.

And nice to see you fighting I was hoping you'd kill it :) hopefully in this next turn you'll have killed something. As I mentioned earlier in the threads. At the beginning the Mages arent the most powerful but as they advance they become far more powerful than the fighters :)
Wed 09/08/06 at 22:05
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yeah! I got to the killin'! *Punches the air*
Thanks Kawada, for the toungesauce.....whatever that is.:D
Wed 09/08/06 at 22:04
Regular
Okay I'll do turn 6 now. I noticed that the town will exchange Goblin hides for 20 gold. So that's another 120 gold for us. I think we need 1001 gold if we're going to hire another character, a good one. Cruciatum Fixative can be the 7th character. I had snake buy him some armour already then he just needs some weapons. He can have pbs sword and kawadas longbow as they're not being used.

Okay this next turn I think we'll attack the Scuttler, Giant Beetles and the Dwarf if we can. Hopefully we'll get a few more kill, some experience and some money. Then head on back to the town and hire a new party member.
Wed 09/08/06 at 19:35
Regular
I changed a few spell casting orders, Duck did you want Flame in 2nd rank and Wrath in perhaps 3?

Prime and Echo increased their skill a bit. Robin who hardly did anything is now doing several attacks along with Ambaria Narseek since swopping their melee weapons for missle. :)
Wed 09/08/06 at 19:30
Regular
Okay finally got the results, here you go. As we were several days late we didn't know what we would run into. Some characters practised using their weapons. And I tried to get snake to try and find new spells but it didn't work. On the plus side we did manage to get into a fight. The bad news is we might have ticked offed one of the gods.

In other news Kawada made another suceessful robbery :) got use even more money and even got something for Snake, that was very kind of you Kawada.

I'll do turn 6 when you guys want. There's a scuttler and a Dwarf and a few other things we can attack.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.