GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Quest - Turn 7 (New spell, Ambaria diseased, Elves gone)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/08/06 at 12:32
Regular
Turn 1 Results
Turn 2 Results
Turn 3 Results
Turn 4 Results
Turn 5 Results
Turn 6 Results
Turn 7 Results

----

About 10 years ago I was introduced to a game called Quest. It's an RPG PBM (that's Play-By-Mail), you would create this party of 6 characters and venture around this world doing the usual RPG stuff. To play the game you had to post orders on what you wanted your party to do. It involved using letters and numbers so it looked a bit confusing (ex. M 3334). After they received your orders and processed it, they would send you the results of what happened and then you would send in more orders.

It was fun, I enjoyed it. Made a few friends and at one time use to get 15 letters a day. I think I might have been geekier than Rosalind back then (don't worry she wont read this heh) This was before everyone had the internet and mobile phones were still brickish.

I eventually tired of the game and by that I mean I just couldnt afford it. £2.something per turn was just too much. They've moved onto the internet now so turns are processed by email and so everything is a lot quicker than it use to be.

Well anyway, my reason for starting this thread and telling you about all this is because they offer a free demo. That's 20 free turns to play with. So I thought "what the hell" and so I'm now setting up a party for you guys on Freeola :) I'll sort out all the orders and results etc, you guys just create the characters, help decide some orders and enjoy reading what happens :D

----

Okay first we need 6 characters, I'll take one, pb and Kawada you two are playing too :), so that leaves 3 characters left. I didn't want to force anyone else to play so if you would like to join please do. Little effort or time is needed so come on. :) if no one else joins I'll just pick some people and use their names anyway heh.

If you would like to play and Kawada and pb you'll have to do this too. Could you please do the following;

1. [B]Name your character[/B] (you could use your username)
2. Choose a race for your character
3. Choose a class for your character

Unfortunately we can only have 1 of each, so no 2 human fighters etc.

Suggestions : I can't remember everything but what I can recall was that it's best to only have 1 thief and halfbloods make the best ones. Dwarfs are good fighters, elves are good mages, you get the idea. Just be whoever or whatever you want really :)

I'll post a description about each race and class so you can decide.

----

[B][U]Party Name[/U][/B] : Ivalice Force

1. Prime Halfblood Fighter (Machie)
2. Boulder / Dwarf Fighter (pb)
3. Robin Human Thief (Kawada)
4. Echo / Elf Priest (Vexxxed)
5. Ambaria Narseek / Elf Mage (snake11)
6. Dead Spiders / Human Priest (Mumbai Duck)
Sun 13/08/06 at 21:00
Regular
Well done for the gad. Now you can't whine about doing all the hard work :^P
Sat 12/08/06 at 19:32
Regular
Cheers pb :D
Sat 12/08/06 at 18:53
"possibly impossible"
Turned out well being a dwarf, I think I turned into a 1 man fighting machine.

And well done on the GAD..
Sat 12/08/06 at 08:15
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Congrats on the GAD for this thread, Machie. :)
> I was beginning to think you'd never get credited for your
> efforts.

Oh ye of little faith Garin ;) Though must admit I'm a little suprised it was this thread, I just set it up for fun :D

Thanks Vexxxed and everyone who is taking part, appreciate it :)

I'll do turn 8 later
Sat 12/08/06 at 00:23
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Congrats on the GAD for this thread, Machie. :)
I was beginning to think you'd never get credited for your efforts.
Fri 11/08/06 at 21:18
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Added touch of the nose there......
Fri 11/08/06 at 20:45
Regular
Looks like it's all going well.

So does Praying or Using Miracles bring you closer to a god?
Or is it a combination of the two?

If it's just praying, it looks like we might be able to have one good priest and one evil priest after all... *ahem*

If we want to give Call Monster a go, we could move it to a higher rank in the sequence, for one battle.

Also, it sounds like plenty of training and praying would be useful. But it looks like we're doing that now.

And finally, ewww, I don't want to be using my spells on disease boy :^P
(I will really. Even though the rat probably gave him fleas too...)
Fri 11/08/06 at 16:01
Regular
Ooh, stuff happening.

I'll look into it later. Have to go shop now.
Fri 11/08/06 at 10:35
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
You keep on reminding me of my brother now.........
Thu 10/08/06 at 14:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
snake11 wrote:
> So what you're saying is, I got cancer......so you could kill a
> rat......:D

Sounds a fair trade

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.