GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Quest - Turn 7 (New spell, Ambaria diseased, Elves gone)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/08/06 at 12:32
Regular
Turn 1 Results
Turn 2 Results
Turn 3 Results
Turn 4 Results
Turn 5 Results
Turn 6 Results
Turn 7 Results

----

About 10 years ago I was introduced to a game called Quest. It's an RPG PBM (that's Play-By-Mail), you would create this party of 6 characters and venture around this world doing the usual RPG stuff. To play the game you had to post orders on what you wanted your party to do. It involved using letters and numbers so it looked a bit confusing (ex. M 3334). After they received your orders and processed it, they would send you the results of what happened and then you would send in more orders.

It was fun, I enjoyed it. Made a few friends and at one time use to get 15 letters a day. I think I might have been geekier than Rosalind back then (don't worry she wont read this heh) This was before everyone had the internet and mobile phones were still brickish.

I eventually tired of the game and by that I mean I just couldnt afford it. £2.something per turn was just too much. They've moved onto the internet now so turns are processed by email and so everything is a lot quicker than it use to be.

Well anyway, my reason for starting this thread and telling you about all this is because they offer a free demo. That's 20 free turns to play with. So I thought "what the hell" and so I'm now setting up a party for you guys on Freeola :) I'll sort out all the orders and results etc, you guys just create the characters, help decide some orders and enjoy reading what happens :D

----

Okay first we need 6 characters, I'll take one, pb and Kawada you two are playing too :), so that leaves 3 characters left. I didn't want to force anyone else to play so if you would like to join please do. Little effort or time is needed so come on. :) if no one else joins I'll just pick some people and use their names anyway heh.

If you would like to play and Kawada and pb you'll have to do this too. Could you please do the following;

1. [B]Name your character[/B] (you could use your username)
2. Choose a race for your character
3. Choose a class for your character

Unfortunately we can only have 1 of each, so no 2 human fighters etc.

Suggestions : I can't remember everything but what I can recall was that it's best to only have 1 thief and halfbloods make the best ones. Dwarfs are good fighters, elves are good mages, you get the idea. Just be whoever or whatever you want really :)

I'll post a description about each race and class so you can decide.

----

[B][U]Party Name[/U][/B] : Ivalice Force

1. Prime Halfblood Fighter (Machie)
2. Boulder / Dwarf Fighter (pb)
3. Robin Human Thief (Kawada)
4. Echo / Elf Priest (Vexxxed)
5. Ambaria Narseek / Elf Mage (snake11)
6. Dead Spiders / Human Priest (Mumbai Duck)
Mon 21/08/06 at 19:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> Yeah sorry I've been distracted a lot lately what with my site,
> moving house and my trip to Singapore :) I'll try and get a turn
> out tonight.
>
> Though I fear Snake is probably dead now ;)

I warned you about that rock...
Mon 21/08/06 at 19:30
Regular
Yeah sorry I've been distracted a lot lately what with my site, moving house and my trip to Singapore :) I'll try and get a turn out tonight.

Though I fear Snake is probably dead now ;)
Mon 21/08/06 at 17:59
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Wahey, well done Machie! Well done for winning GAD! Keep going on the game though, no stopping now or I'll have the GAD back ;) lol
Fri 18/08/06 at 20:52
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
He has insulted the holy rock! Heathen! Burn the heathen! *Starts war chant*
Fri 18/08/06 at 18:04
Regular
I feel so used.

Still, so long as nobody bad-mouths the rock..
Fri 18/08/06 at 14:22
Regular
"Mooching around"
This was all just a way to reach top poster... I know his trickery.
Fri 18/08/06 at 14:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Turns out Machie came across a noble wizard who bestowed upon him the much heralded prize of GAD and soon he stopped caring :-P
Fri 18/08/06 at 14:14
Regular
"Mooching around"
It turns out your party was walking down the path, and came across a a large rock. Most died of fear, others bowed down and pledged allegiance.
Fri 18/08/06 at 08:35
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
With a flee factor of 70% I imagine the party is still running off somewhere :D
Thu 17/08/06 at 19:10
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
So, has this been abandoned now or what?????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.