GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Halo is rubbish""

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 09:46
Regular
Interesting topic title eh? Well, despite the fact that I`ve never played Halo, I`m fairly sure (from reading reviews) that my topic statement is completely incorrect. However, it would seem digitiser disagree...

Halo - 4/5

I stared at the screen in complete disbelief this morning, as I couldn`t believe that digitiser were that stupid. I knew they were bad... but this took the biscuit.

As the potential scores are 0,1,2,3,4,5 there are 6 categories, and so a 4/5 is in the range 66.6 to 83.3. For a start, this is a huge range, which just goes to show how pointless digitiser`s reviews are, but did any of you think that Halo should only get in the 70s?
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I started Halo on easy to get the feel of the game. I'm going to beat it on every difficulty, or at least most of them. I'm working on normal now and will probably go for legendary in co-operative mode.

Soon I'll have Championship Manager and Crash (thanks SR !) to keep me busy too. :-)
Wed 20/03/02 at 18:53
I went to my mates on monday and he got his xbox on the 14th and he took 5 days to get to the last level. i had never played on halo before exept quick goes standing up in shops and i was amazed at the gameplay and graphics after a wile i got ued to the controls and it was good fun we helped him finishe the last level but it was hard coz u need to drive the buggy wich is really hard to drive round an asult corse that is 3k long but in the end we mastered it and we finished it with 1 min to spare.
i would vote halo 10/10 it is an amazing game!
Wed 20/03/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Honour wrote:
The levels
> are really big though! It took me a while to do the first two, how many are
> there? This game could last ages if there's 15-20 levels!

Only 10. If you have a look, you've got spaces for them all at the start of the game. There are 10 spaces, so 10 levels.

Levels have usually taken my about 1 hour to complete, but the 5th took maybe 2 hours give or take 5 or 10 minutes.
Wed 20/03/02 at 10:41
Regular
I played through the first two levels on Monday night, but haven't played it since, hopfully I'll get through another couple of levels tonight.

The levels are really big though! It took me a while to do the first two, how many are there? This game could last ages if there's 15-20 levels!
Wed 20/03/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Honour wrote:
> I've only done the first two levels of Halo, and I admit I've got it on easy,
> but it's fun.

I've done the 1st 5 levels, iam also on easy, but will play through all the modes. I havent played on it since sunday, as i've been playing on JSRF.
Wed 20/03/02 at 10:27
Regular
I've only done the first two levels of Halo, and I admit I've got it on easy, but it's fun.

Mindless shooting of alians with big guns, much more fun, in my view, than snealing around trying not to be seen.

Bah! Who wants realism, eh?
Wed 20/03/02 at 10:21
Regular
"BOSE"
:D lol. 4 times. wo!

he likes the look of his own comments. i completed Halo a couple of days ago. basicly i think anyone who disses halo's a jelous PS2 owner or below. or someone who sucks at the game.

Halo's already got game of the year award :)
Wed 20/03/02 at 09:48
Regular
That didn`t even look accidental. If you look at the posting times, it shows there was plenty of time in between to notice that the post was already there. 4 times is ridiculous.

Also, MGS2 AI - dumb. I take it you must be doing a docterate or something.
Wed 20/03/02 at 00:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wow, same post 4 times ! You wanted to get your opinion accross then. ;-)
Tue 19/03/02 at 20:40
adrian wrote:
> I am level 5 out of 10 so far. Each level has lasted about 1 hour apart from
> level one being about 45 mins.

The game play is brilliant, the AI is probably
> better than any other game on any system. Everything that is good about FPS is
> in this game.

I totally agree w/ u. I'm on the same lv as u 2 *<):O)
It seems that the harder u get the better it is. Still, on the easy settings the AI isn't dumb (Like MGS2). The covenant don't get more accurate, just more agressive. As 4 replay I've redone the lv 'Halo' 7 times on Normal (Co-op and singal) and I've done it once on heroic. It still isn't boring! The enemys are in different places each time, they don't use the same tactics and they will easly kill u if you think the enemy are dumb. And u can't just run past them like on mgs2, u need to think a little more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.