GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Halo is rubbish""

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 09:46
Regular
Interesting topic title eh? Well, despite the fact that I`ve never played Halo, I`m fairly sure (from reading reviews) that my topic statement is completely incorrect. However, it would seem digitiser disagree...

Halo - 4/5

I stared at the screen in complete disbelief this morning, as I couldn`t believe that digitiser were that stupid. I knew they were bad... but this took the biscuit.

As the potential scores are 0,1,2,3,4,5 there are 6 categories, and so a 4/5 is in the range 66.6 to 83.3. For a start, this is a huge range, which just goes to show how pointless digitiser`s reviews are, but did any of you think that Halo should only get in the 70s?
Fri 15/03/02 at 09:46
Regular
Interesting topic title eh? Well, despite the fact that I`ve never played Halo, I`m fairly sure (from reading reviews) that my topic statement is completely incorrect. However, it would seem digitiser disagree...

Halo - 4/5

I stared at the screen in complete disbelief this morning, as I couldn`t believe that digitiser were that stupid. I knew they were bad... but this took the biscuit.

As the potential scores are 0,1,2,3,4,5 there are 6 categories, and so a 4/5 is in the range 66.6 to 83.3. For a start, this is a huge range, which just goes to show how pointless digitiser`s reviews are, but did any of you think that Halo should only get in the 70s?
Fri 15/03/02 at 10:37
Calm down. Digitizer is in fact a good source of news and previews. Ignore the score and go by how they describe the game. That way you can make up your own mind. Digitizer once said they wanted to do away with review scores and I can see why! You did actually read the review didnt you? Superb game but the 1 player is too easy. Whoop dee doo! They praise the multiplayer, the graphics and the sound and the xbox controller. What more do you want?
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:25
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
GrimMetal wrote:

...Superb game but the 1
> player is too easy. Whoop dee doo! They praise the multiplayer, the graphics and
> the sound and the xbox controller. What more do you want?

That's because you are playing it on easy. The whole point is that you play through on easy so you get to know your way around, then ramp up the difficulty for a real challenge.

HALO on the hardest setting is very hard.
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
ive heard someone list a message on these forums saying that Halo is better than MGS 2 - I assume they were drunk!
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
or plain stupid...
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:39
Regular
"699 days!"
Or had their own opinions about what games they like, and thus shouldn't be ridiculed. But it could be yours too.
Fri 15/03/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
DrDragon wrote:
> Or had their own opinions about what games they like, and thus shouldn't be
> ridiculed. But it could be yours too.

or they are plain stupid :)
Fri 15/03/02 at 22:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I am level 5 out of 10 so far. Each level has lasted about 1 hour apart from level one being about 45 mins.

The game play is brilliant, the AI is probably better than any other game on any system. Everything that is good about FPS is in this game.
Sat 16/03/02 at 12:22
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Well if there is one area that Halo beats MGS2 and all other FPS's (I know MGS2 isn't fps but I don't care) is the level of AI. Each alien whether it be a simple grunt to a huge hunter or Elite they dodge fire and fire back intelligently even on easy. I wish I could say the same for MGS2.
(oh yeah if you play MGS2, shoot the guards with a M9 in the radio and they can't call for reinforcements :D)
Sat 16/03/02 at 16:02
Regular
GrimMetal wrote:
> Calm down.

As a non-X-Box fan, I`m not bothered at all, so am completely calm.

>Digitizer is in fact a good source of news and previews.

If you`re willing to read it several days after you read it first on the net.

>Ignore the score and go by how they describe the game. That way you can make up your own mind.

I would prefer to ignore both as they`re not particularly good writers. Also, I don`t need to make up my mind, as I won`t be buying Halo, or and X-Box.

>Digitizer once said they wanted to do away with review scores and I can see why!

That`s probably because they thought it was too much effort.

>You did actually read the review didnt you?

No of course not. I was really busy looking at the pretty numbers at the top of the screen.

>Superb game but the 1 player is too easy. Whoop dee doo! >They praise the multiplayer, the graphics and
>the sound and the xbox controller. What more do you want?

Nothing. I don`t care. I just can`t see how they can justify such a low score. All it does is make them look like Edge impersonators with the old "We like to slate the great, and look cool (even though we`re not)".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.