GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you think if your mum did this for your birthday?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 21:44
Regular
Okay, my Mum was telling me today about a friend at work whose son's 18th birthday is today. Now the son in question asked his parents for a PS2 and so the dad and the other son went out to price things up...

In a well known high street store they saw that the X-box was being released on the son's birthday so instead of getting the requested PS2 they ordered an X-box and got it today. I Don't know how he responded but my question is how would you? Imagine you're unwrapping the PS2-shaped box (I know the X-box in its box is probably the size of Lithuania but use your imagination dammit!) and you discover the neon green X... good? bad? indifferent? The decision is yours...

(The rest of the thing my Mum was telling me involves hiding the receit so he wouldn't find it and then losing it and blah blah blah.)
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Wasting away"
You're telling me. I just want something portable.

www.apple.com/ibook

That is lovely.

Happy!!! V&P!!! NOOOW!!!
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:48
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The new imac looks orgasmic:

http://www.apple.com/imac

I would want one if I wasn't too used to using PC's..
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Wasting away"
Well, I'd be annoyed. At the moment, I'm getting a IBook and with a bit of luck, I should have it next week. If my dad bought me the powerbook, I wouldn't mind too much :-D. But, if he bought me a laptop, then I'd be really annoyed and would rather have nothing then it.
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:39
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
They preordered it weeks back and then hid the reciet in the mum's car so that the son wouldn't find. On the launch day the mum went to work in the car and so the dad couldn't go and pick it up. But he ended up copying down every detail of the receit over the phone... don't know whether it worked or not though...
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:35
Regular
I'd be over the moon.
You ask for the mother of consoles, and instead you are given the Daddy.
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Another thing, I don't know if this has already been answered but how did they manage to just go out and get an X-box on launch day???? Surely you'd HAVE to pre-order first!
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:32
Regular
Lol that sux o.O
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd be a lot more happier with an X-box than a PS2!
Although that won't happen to me at the end of the month.

I'm sick of PS2's now, everyone's got one and they all reckon they're the best! - but wake up! Their only competition was just released yesterday!!
There may be a few good games, but as the pad's the same as the PS's and most games are aslo very similar, i'd rather go for a box after i've got my Cube.

But that's just my opinion, and it shows what kind of games appeal to me!
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:28
Regular
"699 days!"
~Resurection~ wrote:
> well i wouldn't care it has some good games in fact every console has at least 1
> good game even the N64 did!!!!

What do you mean 'even the N64'? It has really great games! Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Zelda 1 and 2, Conker...

It was a really good console!
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think he'd be pretty upset. He was probably aware of the Xbox and asked for a PS2 for a reason, probably because he didn't want an Xbox. Probably.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.