GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yes!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 21:36
Regular
Ah-ha!

It has been done.

Well, it will be. I'm selling my PS2 to my mate for £325 (with games and memory card etc), so I can buy an XBox!

Only, he can't afford my PS2 for about 2 months. So I have to wiat until then :-(

However, that gives me enough time to save up £100 so I can buy SR's MICROSOFT XBOX GAMER PACK BUNDLE (XBox, extra pad, PGR, Halo) and a DVD playback kit.

Sorted. Less spending. More saving.

Get in!
Thu 21/03/02 at 17:25
Regular
Thanks for letting me know Wookiee, I hadn't realised half of my bedroom floor had been taken up by a big green and black box! :-D

How are you getting on with yours now anyway?
Thu 21/03/02 at 17:20
"High polygon count"
Update!

You already have one! ;-)
Sun 17/03/02 at 14:36
Regular
Update:

Should be getting me XBox on the Easter weekend, at the latest. Possibly earlier.

I'm looking forward to it already.
Sun 17/03/02 at 14:34
Regular
Another reason to get an XBox for any F1 fans:

F1 GP 4 is being released for PC and XBox.

Oh yes!
Sun 17/03/02 at 13:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The X-Box is getting plenty of excellent games, which is why I traded in my PS2 and games. Plus the titles that the console gets that are already on PS2 tend to be better versions. So with things like VF4, it pays to wait.
Who knows, maybe Tekken could end up getting ported over too, afterall, Namco are making Soul Caliber 2 on various formats and the GBA has actually managed to get a version of Tekken.
Sun 17/03/02 at 11:54
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Welcome to the XBox club! I still have my PS2 and recently got the XBox. Well, my PS2 will gather dust for a while I can tell you!

I didn't want to sell my PS2 though, becuse of games like Stuntman, The Getaway, Virtua Fighter 4, Virtua Tennis 2 etc. I know some of these may come to XBox, but when???
Sun 17/03/02 at 10:52
Regular
Jet Set radio Future is very tempting for me.
Sun 17/03/02 at 10:28
Regular
I might do the same also.
Thinking about *Jet Set Radio Future* & *Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller* has pushed me through the Xbox door.....
Sun 17/03/02 at 10:11
I'm considering doing the same thing. The Xbox is very appealing. I really like the controller: it's very similar to the Dreamcast's controller.
Fri 15/03/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Honour wrote:
> I had M:SR on the DC, and PGR is one of the games that attractived me to the
> XBox last summer.

How similar is it? I know there's an extra city, and you
> can damage the cars, but is the game structure the same, with the 25 Chapters,
> each with 10 Challenges?

The game structure is the same. But better. It doest use the time of the Xbox to set the day or night. I think theres 12 levels for the Kudos challenge, but I havent even touched that yet. As quick race and arcade offer lots of fun. In quick race and arcade there are 4 races on easy, medium, hard and very hard. You can get 3 medals, bronze, silver and gold.

Quick race is against 5 other cars and then arcade has you trying to score the set amount of kudos.

The Kudos system is so much better. You have an on screen display of the kudos, once you do slides, over take people e.t.c. you get Kudos. You can link up these to perform combos to score even higher. The kudos that you earn stays on the screen for a few seconds before it is permantly banked, just like Weakest Link on Tv. If the kudos isnt banked then if you crash you will lose that amount of kudos. So its up to you whether you try to perform long linking combos for big scores, or play it safe.

You also dont need to earn a car. You start off with 3 cars and they can be used straight away, with out earning them like MSR. This means you can use all the cars whenever you like without actually having to get ride of one from your garage like with MSR.

The whole game is so good, if you love MSR then you will love this. There are 204 circuts altogether. 17 in each of the 12 sections of the 4 cities.

Graphics are great, music is great and sound is great. Its very addictive aswell. I was on it at 9:30pm tonight and wanted to come on the net at 10pm but I couldnt get off PGR till 10:30pm as I was glued to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.