GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yes!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 21:36
Regular
Ah-ha!

It has been done.

Well, it will be. I'm selling my PS2 to my mate for £325 (with games and memory card etc), so I can buy an XBox!

Only, he can't afford my PS2 for about 2 months. So I have to wiat until then :-(

However, that gives me enough time to save up £100 so I can buy SR's MICROSOFT XBOX GAMER PACK BUNDLE (XBox, extra pad, PGR, Halo) and a DVD playback kit.

Sorted. Less spending. More saving.

Get in!
Fri 22/03/02 at 18:42
"High polygon count"
You didn't get the SCART lead then?

The picture is so much brighter and clearer. On PGR with the composite lead, I had real trouble with the dawn/dusk races - could hardly see the road! Much better with the SCART lead.

Anyway, I'm off to try Munch's...
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:52
Regular
That 50Hz/60Hz problem was in M:SR, but I figured it would be sorted for PGR.

I'm using the lead that came with the XBox and I'm managing to use 60Hz fine, weird...
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:30
"High polygon count"
I'm trying to get into the Halo's command centre at the moment - I've got two Hunters to take care of, but I can't find a decent weapon! Assault Rifle doesn't touch them... nor to plasma weapons... I need a sniper rifle!

I'm playing on Normal, though.

Had to re-start PGR - while using the Composite cable that came with the console, I had it on 50Hz mode. Changed to 60Hz now I've got it connected with SCART, and it won't let you load the driver because it's 50Hz. :-(
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
How far have you got on Halo then Wookiee?

I've done the first 4 levels so far. Only on Easy mode, mind...
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:02
"High polygon count"
beanz wrote:
> didn't you like doa3....i think it s a GREAT multiplayer
> game...

It's okay, but not that different to DoA2 on PS2, which I'd played to death - and I found the Xbox controller gave me painful cramps after about 10 minutes, so I changed it for something I did't feel I'd already played.

It is good on multi-player, but my mates aren't really into beat-em-ups, so it would rarely be played.
Thu 21/03/02 at 22:38
Regular
"accidental superher"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Enjoying it more. Spent a few hours on Halo last night, and it's gettig better
> the more I get into it.

I could almost say I'm happy I bought it now!
> :-)

Though I'm still not keen on the launch games. Halo and PGR are okay...
> I took back DoA3 today and exchanged it for Munch's Oddyssey.

didn't you like doa3....i think it s a GREAT multiplayer game...knocking your mates off a cliff/building or using a counter against your opponent when both your health bars are really low is SO SATISFYING....be warned -tantrums may be thrown.
i hope oddworld is good (cos i got it but i haven't got my xbox yet cos it's lost in the post) -mind you even if i don't like it i only got it for 24 quid so i'm sure i could sell it for at least a 5 quid profit.
as for wreckless -i've got this too (for 30 quid) so if i don't like this i'm sure i could also sell this for a profit :)
the joys of getting my games cheap!
Thu 21/03/02 at 21:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Thats bang out of order doing that to your poor relatives. I like it. ;-)

When it comes to getting a console, no tactic is too low !

;-))
Thu 21/03/02 at 18:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
I wasn't gonna get an Xbox until a price drop. But then I saw the Aussie price, and I'm going to Aus tomorrow. Get in there!!! (+ the added bonus of not-seen-for-a-long-time grandparents, which I'm sure will *cough cough* 'help' me on my way to Xbox ownership).

Heh heh.
Thu 21/03/02 at 17:48
Regular
Crash is out a week tomorrow.

Apparently it's Destruction Derby - which sounds good to me! Also, Rallisport is supposed to be pretty fantastic. Not too simulation like, which is why I'm interested in it.

There's a few games on my wanted list at the moment, shame I have little free time and even less money :-(
Thu 21/03/02 at 17:37
"High polygon count"
Enjoying it more. Spent a few hours on Halo last night, and it's gettig better the more I get into it.

I could almost say I'm happy I bought it now! :-)

Though I'm still not keen on the launch games. Halo and PGR are okay... I took back DoA3 today and exchanged it for Munch's Oddyssey.

I couldn't decide between that and Wreckless, so I asked to try both - glad I did, because Wreckless is pants - and I mean your grandads crusty old Y-fronts. It looks amazing, but the gameplay... ick, no thanks. Didn't enjoy it at all.

Roll on more games, that's what I say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.