GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yes!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 21:36
Regular
Ah-ha!

It has been done.

Well, it will be. I'm selling my PS2 to my mate for £325 (with games and memory card etc), so I can buy an XBox!

Only, he can't afford my PS2 for about 2 months. So I have to wiat until then :-(

However, that gives me enough time to save up £100 so I can buy SR's MICROSOFT XBOX GAMER PACK BUNDLE (XBox, extra pad, PGR, Halo) and a DVD playback kit.

Sorted. Less spending. More saving.

Get in!
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:30
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah i want to get the official advanced scart lead...or are the 3rd party ones just as good?
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:05
When I got my xbox I bought the advanced scart lead with it because i wanted great picture from the start, does it really improve the picture that much?:)
Sat 23/03/02 at 15:10
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> I couldn't afford it, basically.

I bought the Joytech lead, £9.99 in Dixons.

> Does it really improve the picture that much?

Yes, absolutely - a 100% improvement - it's brighter, clearer and gives much better definition. Text is nice and clear - no fuzzy edges.

If you get one, play a game for 10 minutes or so with your current cable, then switch it for the SCART cable, and you'll see the difference immediately.
Sat 23/03/02 at 00:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'm using the composite lead that came with the XBox, with a SCART adaptor on the end. Basically, the lead that came with the XBox.

So am I its just when I do use the RF in the old TV there is a noticable drop in quality.

I may get a propper scart connector. Is there much difference in quality compared to the cable you get with the xbox? Is it that much better?

I may just spent my spare cash on more games or more controllers.
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:51
Regular
I'm not using an RF connector.

I'm using the composite lead that came with the XBox, with a SCART adaptor on the end. Basically, the lead that came with the XBox.

I will get a SCART lead at some point though, just when I have the money. Should be getting paid next week, so that'll be a bonus.
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:44
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I bought and RF cable in order to play my xbox in my old TV in the other room, and there is a serious degrade in picture quality. Basically everything in the game becomes fuzzy. All the crisp lines and nice effects are practally lost.
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:32
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> You didn't get the SCART lead then?

I couldn't afford it, basically.

I do intend to get one as soon as I can though.

Does it really improve the picture that much?
Fri 22/03/02 at 22:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
Had to re-start PGR - while using the Composite
> cable that came with the console, I had it on 50Hz mode. Changed to 60Hz now
> I've got it connected with SCART, and it won't let you load the driver because
> it's 50Hz. :-(

Iam sure that someone on another forum said you can change the PGR file from a 60hz to 50hz and vice versa. Maybe worth not deleting the file and having a play around with it, to see if you can change it.
Fri 22/03/02 at 20:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wookie, Hunters are very tough but they do fall eventually. The best way to take them down is to attack from behind. If you don't have a partner to draw their attention, then let them charge at you and sidestep. Once his back is exposed, blast him. ;-)

Other wise just attack his head and body and lob grenades till the stubborn sod falls flat on his face. ;-))
Fri 22/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
tell me what you think of oddworld....that's the only game out of my collection i haven't tried yet...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.